Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #376
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
I pasted new config file and new app is recognized. Only one thing left to ask, Can I change menu icons to English language?
Now they are in Russian, although whole menus are in English.
Where to download central menu English icon set, and where to paste them.

Thanks for your help, I hope my questions and your answers will help some future user to get to know his machine faster and better.
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #377
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
Only one thing left to ask, Can I change menu icons to English language?
strange, as far as I can remember they are in English. At any rate, there are various menus in this thread - some* are reported at the end of the first message in this trhead

*Then I got lazy
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #378
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A small update: CoolReader for Pocketbook v 0.0.6-7:
+ Added possibility to modify styles in the settings dialog.
+ Grouped settings in the settings dialog
+ Supported more than one stylesheet in the EPUB (addressed this issue)
+ Supported url encoded hrefs in the epub (patch by praecipitator)
+ Fix to not ignore generic font family css property in epub

Download for Pocketbook Pro
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #379
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
A small update: CoolReader for Pocketbook v 0.0.6-7:
+ Added possibility to modify styles in the settings dialog.
+ Grouped settings in the settings dialog
+ Supported more than one stylesheet in the EPUB (addressed this issue)
+ Supported url encoded hrefs in the epub (patch by praecipitator)
+ Fix to not ignore generic font family css property in epub

Download for Pocketbook Pro
thank you!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #380
scende
scende began at the beginning.

Device: PB623
Hello !

sorry, I have a question that may be stupid, and answer may already be present, but I can not figure out .... Is there a possibility to make notes ? (like typing or highlighting a part of the text) ?

Thank you !!
scende is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #381
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scende View Post
Hello !

sorry, I have a question that may be stupid, and answer may already be present, but I can not figure out .... Is there a possibility to make notes ? (like typing or highlighting a part of the text) ?

Thank you !!
you cannot write your own notes, but yes, you can definitely highlight text, indeed Coolreader is quite customizable in that respect. As far as I remember, the instructions do explain quite clearly how to do it (select/deselct sentences and paragraphs).
Old 07-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #382
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

paola, thanks for answering. I must add that highlighting in the CR is a bit tricky and archaic for touch device. Moreover it will not work without tweaking keymaps.ini file. So I think the preinstalled reader is probably suits better. scende if you still would like to try, please let me know if you need some help with it?

PS: Here you can find latest CR with some adjustments (by serg_kv @ the-ebook.org forum) for PB Touch models. Note, in order highlighting to work no action should be assigned to the "Home" and "Menu" buttons in the device settings.

Last edited by pkbo; 07-24-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added URL to the PB touch tweaked version
Old 07-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #383
scende

thank you very much Paola and Pkbo !

I will have a closer look to this as soon as I can. I already customised my keymaps.ini for the dico section, and I realise with pleasure that my settings are the same than serg_kv ... I am probably not that far then !
But I agree, cr is a great reader, very customizable, but seems not have been designed for touch devices

Quick question anyway, I may have looked in the incorrect location, but I can not find any instruction manual other than in russian. Is there a manual in english somewhere ?

Thanks again, have a nice evening !
Old 07-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #384
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
but seems not have been designed for touch devices
This is true. The Coolreader for Pocketbook is based on Coolreader for Lbook V3 which had a lot of buttons. You were supposed to select menu item by pressing corresponding button. I've modified it by adding joystick navigation. Touch support remains rudimentary because I never had pocketbook device with touch screen.
Quote:
Quick question anyway, I may have looked in the incorrect location, but I can not find any instruction manual other than in russian. Is there a manual in english somewhere ?
I'm afraid there is no manual in english. Some information scattered here in this thread. Some in the corresponding wiki page.

But, If you still can't find answer to your question please ask, I will try to help.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #385
scende

I have it now ! all my neurones brainstormed on the keymap, and I could find !

Thank you very much for your help !!!!

EDIT: I could find almost everything ... When I am in the menu "Citations", I can not exit. I can delete any citation, I can touch and it will get me to the corresponding page, but if there is no citation (never created, or all deleted), I can not find a way to exit saving the changes. I think that in keymaps, the [dialog] is corresponding to when we are in the process of creation of note, and [cite] is when we are in citation list. But not matter what I try to change, I can not have a "MCMD_OK" command working on any key. I am sure I do something wrong ... but what ? hum hum ..... (it is "as if" comand [cite] was not recognized ...)
Thanks !!!

Last edited by scende; 07-26-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #386
pkbo
Addict

I'm not sure I understand your difficulty, let's examine.

1. Menu "Citations" like other menus should have icon in the top left corner just before title, tapping it should exit from the menu.

2. When there is no citation, there still should be one item in the citations list, called "Cite selection dialog" (this is probably confusing title, shouldn't it be "New citation" or something?), if you will press "MCMD_OK" this will bring you to text highlighting - for new citation. In order to exit from the menu you need MCMD_CANCEL command.

3. Section in the keymaps.ini corresponding to process of creation of note is [cite]

4. Section corresponding to citations list is [bookmarks]. (This is probably another reason for confusion, but internally citation is another type of bookmark called range bookmark or comment bookmark).

5. As far as I remeber [dialog] section is used in the "links" and "search" dialogs.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #387
scende

Thanks for your answer !
1 - no, I do not have, but that's ok if there are other ways to exit (maybe a different version of the reader)
2 yep, that works, thanks !

At the end, here is what I have, and this works perfectly.
In PB Lux, "Home", "home long" and "Menu long" are kept for PB and can not be customized

[cite]
KEY_PREV = MCMD_SCROLL_BACK => move to previous paragraph
KEY_PREV, LONG = MCMD_CANCEL => exit without change
KEY_NEXT = MCMD_SCROLL_FORWARD => move to nextparagraph
KEY_NEXT, LONG = PB_CMD_RIGHT => move to the next menu key fot type of paragraph selection
KEY_MENU = MCMD_OK => exit with change

[bookmarks]
KEY_PREV = MCMD_PREV_ITEM => move to previous note
KEY_PREV, LONG = MCMD_PREV_PAGE => move to previous page
KEY_NEXT = MCMD_NEXT_ITEM => move to next note
KEY_NEXT, LONG = MCMD_NEXT_PAGE => move to next page
KEY_MENU = MCMD_CANCEL => exit list of notes

Thank you answering all my questions ... I know I was a pain ...

Have a wonderful week-end !

Last edited by scende; 07-27-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #388
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
1 - no, I do not have, but that's ok if there are other ways to exit (maybe a different version of the reader)
Did you use that archive with modifications by serg_kv? I've noticed he has removed the icon from the skin.
Quote:
At the end, here is what I have, and this works perfectly.
Thank you answering all my questions ... I know I was a pain ...
No, not at all. All questions were reasonable. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #389
scende

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Did you use that archive with modifications by serg_kv? I've noticed he has removed the icon from the skin.
Yes, I use version 0.6.7.57.15, and app file name is cr3-pb.app. But no problem, as soon as I can exit with keys

I was wondering, I suppose no, if it was possible to customize the commands we want to see in the quick menu: for example, I never change the orientation, so I would like to replace if possible this comand in quick menu with the "cite selection dialog"

Also, just to inform, I realised some strange things in styles and display:
- sometimes, the page break before chapter title is not made, even if there is one in the epub (created with amanuensis, no fonts emmebdded) and more generally, manual page breaks does not always work very well
- when the chapter title has a "maj+enter" symbol (to have 2 lines displayed in the title), the 2nd line is centered, but the 1st line of the title if aligned left

I have this no matter the method used to create epub (commercial, home-made with different softwares ...)
Old 07-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #390
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Yes, I use version 0.6.7.57.15, and app file name is cr3-pb.app. But no problem, as soon as I can exit with keys
Ok, just FYI this can be changed in the share/cr3/skin/cr3skin.xml, the original file contains the following as the last element in the menu with id="main":
Code:
    <closebutton normal="arrow_back.png">
        <border widths="6,3,3,3"/>
    </closebutton>
Quote:
I was wondering, I suppose no, if it was possible to customize the commands we want to see in the quick menu:
It is possible, but you will need to modify pocketbook theme to customize quick menu. I don't know how it can be done on new devices.
Quote:
Also, just to inform, I realised some strange things in styles and display:
If you can provide sample demonstrating strange behaviour I could take a look.