Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
ChrisI
Connoisseur
ChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo H2O, Libre 2
Footers in BD

When I check "Make Footers" in BD, the title of the current chapter is displayed at the bottom of every page. The problem I am having is that if I insert a page break into the book, all the pages after the page break do not get a footer. Once I go on to the next chapter, the footer reappears.

I have tried all the different options:

auto
auto (add)
title 1
title 2
title 2 (add)

and the problem persists. In fact, I really don't see a difference between these settings.

Is this a problem with Book Designer, or more likely, am I just not using it correctly?
ChrisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The best thing to do is to start a new page after the book is over. Then make the footers live there either as seperate pages or run on pages.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
ChrisI
Connoisseur
ChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo H2O, Libre 2
Jon,

I'm not referring to Footnotes, which as you say, are best handled by adding them to the end of the book. I'm talking about the page Footer, which can be set to display the chapter title at the bottom of every page.

This works great, until you have a need to insert a page break in the middle of the chapter.

Chris.
ChrisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Oh right. I did get that wrong. Sorry.

What you could do maybe is put the title in again after the page break so you get
page break
Chapter 4 (continued)

Dunno if that would do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
bookstar
Noobie
bookstar began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I have a Question regarding this,

Is it possible to ignore elements set to "subtitles" from the footer? Only have elements set to "title" as the footer.

Cheers,
Dan.
bookstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookstar View Post
I have a Question regarding this,

Is it possible to ignore elements set to "subtitles" from the footer? Only have elements set to "title" as the footer.

Cheers,
Dan.
Yes, you can do that.
When you've clicked on "make sony book", the sony book pane opens. Click on the options tab. Look at the headers/footers section. There's a box for "footers: use subtitle". If you want your footers to be made from the subtitles, then check it. If not, then don't.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #7
bookstar
Noobie
bookstar began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Yes, you can do that.
When you've clicked on "make sony book", the sony book pane opens. Click on the options tab. Look at the headers/footers section. There's a box for "footers: use subtitle". If you want your footers to be made from the subtitles, then check it. If not, then don't.
Thanks for the reply, Will this effect "titles" on the footer?
bookstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The fotter can either be titles or subtitles, depending on which setting you choose. Why not experiment and see which you prefer?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote