Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
tinbike
tinbike began at the beginning.

Device: none
Heart Healer, heart Stealer - a Christian novel on Kindle books

Hi,
I am new here, and I am also a new digital author. I have a Christian digital novel on Amazon.com, Heart Healer, Heart Stealer. Although I did not aspire to be an author, I found myself with this book, and I know I have to use for God what is “in my hand”.
If you wish to check it out, the link is:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...+heart+stealer

It is about healing, faith, family, and the Providence of God. I believe it will be both a blessing and an enjoyable read to anyone who is interested. I don’t own a Kindle, but I hope to have one soon. I have always lived in rural areas, so the idea of having access to ebooks so easily, really intrigues me.
I am new to forums, but I think this place will be a good social connection with brothers and sisters who love good writing.
Thank you for listening. I hope to spend some quality time here.

tinbike
Gene Mays
warrior_50reep@hotmail.com

Last edited by tinbike; 03-01-2011 at 09:27 AM.
tinbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
A few suggestions:

You might want to mention the title, genre, and platform of the book in the thread title. "My new ebook" could be about anything; "Heart Healer, Heart Stealer - Christian novel [Kindle]" would attract the attention of people who would be likely to buy your book. You can use the little ! to the left of your post to "report" it to the mods and ask them to change the title to something useful.

You should also consider making it available for platforms other than the Kindle. We have people here using just about anything you can read on, from smartphones to computers, and not all of them can (or want to) read books in mobi format. I'm an epub person myself; I buy DRM-free epubs, so a DRM-locked Kindle book would be useless to me, or anyone else like me. (I refuse to buy DRM-locked books on principle)

Oh, and this forum does not discriminate by religion or gender. You may indeed find Christian brothers to talk to, but you may also find Hindu sisters, trans-gender atheists, or people like me who refuse to identify themselves in either way. Actually, we tend to be fairly hostile to people who reject any of their fellow forum members for being the "wrong" religion or sex. We're intolerant like that.

Also, we're really, really hostile to people who put cut-and-paste copies of their posts in several different sections. (just noticed that)

Oh, and I'm the resident curmudgeon. *waves* Hi there.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
tinbike

useful info

LOL!! Windwalker, I appreciate all of your suggestions. I did edit my posting, but have no idea about how to edit the title. I mean no offense to anyone with my "Christian" label. I actually must have gotten dizzy with all of my internet searching, and wasn't aware of where I was. I am not very savvy with tech stuff or the intricacies of the internet, particularly forums. I'm also not sure why a "locked" format is offensive. I originally checked that particular box when loading to Amazon, and it seemed like the right choice at the time. What principle keeps you from this type of format? Thanks again for taking all the time to respond, and not ignoring the internet idiot.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
It's Worldwalker. I am not a manitou!

To have your title fixed, report your post to the mods (use the little ! on the left, right next to karma) and, in the text field, tell them "I want to change the title to ... (whatever you want it to be). We have nice mods here, and they'll fix it asap.

DRM is a bad thing. It does nothing to stop would-be pirates from copying your book -- it can be easily stripped, and they don't even need your ebook anyway. Look at the last Harry Potter book, which was available as an illicit ebook before it was out in print. Inside job, admittedly -- a guy in the warehouse "borrowed" and scanned a copy -- but it was out there. Or Science and Sanity, which I just bought last night: they've finally come out with it in electronic format (PDF, sadly, but I'm going to see if I can mung that into something that doesn't give my 505 spasms) but it's been around for years from darknet sources. DRM doesn't stop the pirates, and it barely slows them down. It does, however, make life hell for the legitimate users. It limits where you can read your books, like buying a paper book you can only read in your living room, not in your bedroom. Its primary goal is really device lock-in: If you have a Kindle and decide you'd rather have a Nook, and your books are DRM-locked, you have to buy your whole library all over again. I can read my paper books forever. I have a number that are over 100 years old. DRM-locked ebooks are dependent on the continuing existence of the authentication servers to enable them and the authorized devices that read them. For an ebook to survive for 100 years and still be readable, at 17 years apiece it would be on the last of its allowable readers, and -- unlike its paper kin -- become instantly useless. I can go on about this (see other threads for various people's takes on the subject) but the bottom line is that DRM hurts the good guys and doesn't much bother the bad guys, which makes it a Bad Thing. My wallet's vote is a very small vote indeed, but I won't vote in favor of Bad Things.

Oh, and you're not an Internet idiot. We've had those. I am not nice to them.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Well said, Worldwalker. And welcome to our forum, tinbike!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
tinbike

Thanks for the enlightenment Worldwalker, and the welcome Moe. Eighteen books? Impressive!