Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Configuring the HTML TOC?

Hi -

I may have missed something, but is there anywhere in Sigil, where you can confgure the HTML table of contents (a template or such somewhere, maybe?)

I wish to configure the standard Title-line (which obviously won't be "Table of Contents" in danish :0) - but also the css in the beta's new css-file.

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
Hi -

I may have missed something, but is there anywhere in Sigil, where you can confgure the HTML table of contents (a template or such somewhere, maybe?)

I wish to configure the standard Title-line (which obviously won't be "Table of Contents" in danish :0) - but also the css in the beta's new css-file.

Regards,

Kim
I already made a request for a separate, external (current is inline), persistent (per book) SGC-TOC.CSS. Persistant, means Do Not overwrite if it exists. This way, you would be free to Edit or supply one that used the reserved class names (only).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I already made a request for a separate, external (current is inline), persistent (per book) SGC-TOC.CSS. Persistant, means Do Not overwrite if it exists. This way, you would be free to Edit or supply one that used the reserved class names (only).
I know, it's already in the beta 6.902. But it would be nice to have a little influence over it, so one doesn't have to edit the same stuff each and every time a new book is generated.

Regards,

Kim
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I know, it's already in the beta 6.902. But it would be nice to have a little influence over it, so one doesn't have to edit the same stuff each and every time a new book is generated.

Regards,

Kim
So it is( I missed reading about it in the change log ) , and it works just like I requested

Tis means, I can simply copy a saved SCG-TOC.CSS into new work
Old 02-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Just edit the sgc-toc.css to what you want it to be, right-click on it, then save it to a template folder somewhere. For your next book, just add the file to your book, and run Create HTML TOC - the sgc-toc.css file will not be overwritten.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Just edit the sgc-toc.css to what you want it to be, right-click on it, then save it to a template folder somewhere. For your next book, just add the file to your book, and run Create HTML TOC - the sgc-toc.css file will not be overwritten.
Makes sense. (But I'm so bloody lazy - so I would want to influence the css made by Sigil when generated - just to save a few clicks ...)

And this doesn't cater for the "Table of Contents" text at top of the file.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Makes sense. (But I'm so bloody lazy - so I would want to influence the css made by Sigil when generated - just to save a few clicks ...)

And this doesn't cater for the "Table of Contents" text at top of the file.
IMHO that is a BUG (If you set the books Language in the Metadata, prior to generating the TOC)
Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
IMHO that is a BUG (If you set the books Language in the Metadata, prior to generating the TOC)
The books language is set to Danish (imported with the original HTML file metadata). But I do prefer to run Sigil in english (I also curse the moron, who decided that Excels functions is translated to the local languages - but that's another story ...) - maybe that's why? Anyhow, it would be nice to configure the phrase used.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The "Table of Contents" text at the top wasn't translatable. It is now (for the release after beta2). But it would need to be translated by someone and made available in some future version. Having a setting for it is a bit much so I think you'll just have to edit it to say what you want each time - you can create a Clip for it - or a Saved Search that replaces that exact text/code.

But having the css file use a default sounded interesting, so I've added a few lines to check for an sgc-toc.css in your preferences directory, and if you don't have an sgc-toc.css file in your book already and this file exists in your preferences directory it will add it. Same for sgc-index.css. We'll see if it makes it to release.

Last edited by meme; 02-11-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #10
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist

Hm, it could fetch the phrase from the .ini file. I've used that approach for a lot of VBA-macros. Just a thought.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
meme
Sigil developer

I'd rather not require/encourage editing the .ini file manually. All settings should be done by the gui, though that ideal may not always be the case. We'll see what other things might be similar to see if it warrants pursuing.