Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Austin, Anne: Murder At Bridge. v1. 07 Feb 09

This title was released under a Creative Commons License with a link to the book here. There is additional acknowledgement AND a link again placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATTED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

http://www.munseys.com/detail/mode/t...rder_at_bridge

This book was horribly formatted, but is now probably the cleanest copy you'll find on the internet. Numerous errors have been corrected. I might also add that I've never seen a book with so many em dashes. Incredible.

This is a grand old mystery from the 1930s, when mysteries were great fun to read.

Here's what one reviewer from Amazon wrote:

"'Murder at Bridge'" begins as an apparent parlor mystery when former Broadway dancer Juanita Selim is shot during a society bridge party. Selim, an apparent outsider, is the host of the party and leaves during the last hand when she is dummy (the member of the bidding party who turns her hand down and does not need to be there to play the hand) and goes to her bedroom to make herself "pretty-pretty" for the men who are in the process of arriving for the post-bridge cocktail party. Looking "pretty-pretty" seems to be Selim's general aim in life as she apparently has won if not the hearts, at least the eyes of most of the society men.

"The trajectory of the bullet may indicate that the shooter stood outside the bedroom window, but the district attorney's new special investigator, Bonnie Dundee, believes the shooter probably stood inside the window. This idea does not sit well with homicide Captain Strawn, who seems to prefer the idea of an outsider to that of one of Hamilton County's elite."

Like all the books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote