Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
charge battery from standard ac usb?

Hi!

I have one doubt.

I see on irex site that the standard AC usb charger of the iliad, can damage the DR1000.

That means that other standard AC usb chargers like phone charger or similar doesnt works or can damage the dr1000 and I can only charge this from a usb connected to my computer?

whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
I see on irex site that the standard AC usb charger of the iliad, can damage the DR1000.
The iLiad does not charge via USB. The iLiad has a "travel hub" which connects to the iLiad via a non-usb connector and provides power as well as Ethernet and USB ports.

All the reports I have seen suggest that standard AC usb chargers work well with the DR1000.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

ook, perfect then, ill give a try and I will let you know =)
Old 12-06-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
whopper
Addict

the generic usb ac adapter works without problems finally
Old 12-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Would the AC-USB Charger for a Motorola Razr work with the DR1000?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I can confirm that the Motorola Razr phone charger works fine with the DR and the right angled connector is a serious boon!
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #7
yolle
yolle began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR 1000
I just bought the AC USB charger with output values: 5V and 1000mA. Are these correct? I can't try it out yet, cause I'm still waiting for my DR to arrive...
yolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Technically, the USB spec says that power output for charging is 5V and either 100mA or 500mA. I have not heard anything official from iRex saying that 1000mA is OK, but several people have tried 1000mA chargers and say they work.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:25 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Technically, the USB spec says that power output for charging is 5V and either 100mA or 500mA. I have not heard anything official from iRex saying that 1000mA is OK, but several people have tried 1000mA chargers and say they work.
Having more than the minimum current (mA) capability in a charger is always ok. A device will pull only what it needs. Having less can be a problem.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Good to know. Thanks.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #11
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
My charger is also rated 1000mA and works fine with the DR1000. Some people report problems with specific models of USB chargers and they all seem to come down to their charger not being able to deliver enough current. So, presumably you really need the 500mA the USB spec speaks off and shouldn't go for any less.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #12
angel2762
angel2762
angel2762 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I bought my USB charger from http://www.porta-charge.co.uk/accessory_1110.html which gives out 5V and 1000mA. Works perfectly
angel2762 is offline   Reply With Quote