Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Help needed. Looking for a European eBook Distributor.

Hello, everyone. I need your help.

I'm looking for an eBook distributor that is based in Europe that is willing to work with Indie authors. In other words, I'm looking for a European version of Smashwords. May someone refer me to them?

Thanks.

Last edited by Russell Brooks; 04-11-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
You along with many more of us European authors.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is Smashword unable to sell in Europe?
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
European Distribution

The only distributor that I have that does worldwide, including Europe, is Overdrive. I think you need to be a publisher to sign up with them.

Did you make sure to select worldwide rights on both Amazon and PubIt? That way in theory you can reach worldwide audiences.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Is Smashword unable to sell in Europe?
I believe that Europeans can buy from Smashwords. I've often read about Europeans having to pay delivery charges on Amazon. For example, a $2.99 eBook would cost $4.99. I thought that if I could find a European eBook distributor that could distribute to online stores such as WH Smith and others, then any eBooks that I sell would be more attractive since I've been struggling with selling more eBooks outside of Canada and the United States.
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Russell Brooks
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
The only distributor that I have that does worldwide, including Europe, is Overdrive. I think you need to be a publisher to sign up with them.

Did you make sure to select worldwide rights on both Amazon and PubIt? That way in theory you can reach worldwide audiences.

Amy
Yes, I have worldwide rigths on both of those sites. I checked out Overdrive, however they require that you have a minimum of ten books before they work with you. I find that rediculous.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Isn't there a germany based one called something like xiinii?
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Russell Brooks
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Isn't there a germany based one called something like xiinii?
Please check on that one for me. I'd really appreciate it.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Xinxii

http://www.xinxii.com/

Don't know anything about them but there is a thread in this forum with the title Anyone publish with Xinxii. Maybe someone in there knows something.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122085
Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #10
Russell Brooks
Fanatic

Thanks, James.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
James_Wilde
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Brooks View Post
Thanks, James.
np. I checked out the thread, and a couple of people have used them and seem well pleased. I'll be taking a look at them myself in a few days.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:26 AM   #12
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
yes thank you!

I will check them out as well! Thank you for pointing them out!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've published with XinXii.com. Very easy, but no sales. They're trying to become the Amazon of Europe.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
Russell Brooks
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraM View Post
I've published with XinXii.com. Very easy, but no sales. They're trying to become the Amazon of Europe.
I've used them for the past few months. No sales. I'm still hopefull.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:43 AM   #15
dworth
Zealot
dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pc
Errr Amazon UK and Amazon DB?
dworth is offline   Reply With Quote