Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #421
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sian View Post
so nice to meet voyager fans x my kindle 3 just died in middle of reading star trek voyager marooned , help
Sorry to disappoint, but I don't qualify as a Star Trek or Star Wars anything fan. Have never read any of the books, but seen a little bit on tv when I was much younger.

It is not nice when your book breaks either in the middle of reading. You could just finish reading it on your Fire tablet. I have been very unfaithful to my eink reader (a 1st gen Paperwhite) lately as well. Since I got my new phone last month, I have not touched my PW. Hard to justify for me to try to read on the low(er) res PW screen now. It was just fine reading on it before, but since then my goto device for reading is my phone. It finally (for me) has a big enough size (went from 5" to 5.7") to comfortably read for hours at a time. Old phone always left me think - this is too small - so I would grab the PW instead.

I am not sure if I want to pull the trigger on a Voyage yet. Have to see one in person first to make sure it doesn't look as blurry as my PW looks to me now. If text is as sharp as a 300 ppi tablet, I would be thrilled. The 212 ppi on PW does not do it anymore for me - not when I can just pull out my phone instead and have the text look as sharp as a razor.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:29 AM   #422
wolw
-= Balsa flies better =-
wolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sian View Post
what case do u have?
It's been discontinued. Leather lined with openings for buttons, three flaps with velcro on the underside for locking with the stand. I've had it over three years, with me everyday for work in a backpack. Still looks like new

Peter
wolw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:50 AM   #423
x9prototype
x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!x9prototype is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I am not sure if I want to pull the trigger on a Voyage yet. Have to see one in person first to make sure it doesn't look as blurry as my PW looks to me now. If text is as sharp as a 300 ppi tablet, I would be thrilled. The 212 ppi on PW does not do it anymore for me - not when I can just pull out my phone instead and have the text look as sharp as a razor.
I went from a paperwhite to a voyage, and the difference is night and day! Definitely get to a store and check it out, its really nice to read on! I wouldn't go back for anything. 212 to 300 is essentially a 50% increase!

Last edited by x9prototype; 11-12-2014 at 04:53 AM.
x9prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:02 AM   #424
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by x9prototype View Post
I went from a paperwhite to a voyage, and the difference is night and day! Definitely get to a store and check it out, its really nice to read on! I wouldn't go back for anything. 212 to 300 is essentially a 50% increase!
Ah thank you. Will check one out when I get to a big enough city with a store that has one on display. Mathematically it is a 50% increase, but those 50% have to be noticeable and good enough to my eyes for it to matter. I have heard from one person that upgraded from PW to Voyage and didn't notice the increase in ppi. The 212 were apparently already plenty for him.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:26 AM   #425
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Ah thank you. Will check one out when I get to a big enough city with a store that has one on display. Mathematically it is a 50% increase, but those 50% have to be noticeable and good enough to my eyes for it to matter. I have heard from one person that upgraded from PW to Voyage and didn't notice the increase in ppi. The 212 were apparently already plenty for him.
I did notice the increase in resolution from the PW2 to the Kobo H2O (which is, I think, about 250dpi), but much less so from the H2O to the Voyage. There comes a point when the resolution is sufficient that you just don't see the pixels.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #426
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by x9prototype View Post
If only stores had them on display... I've yet to find one.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #427
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have no idea if that's a good price but tbh so many people are selling devices right now. I sold my PW1 with an Amazon case and 18 months left on a transferable Warrenty yesterday for £80 and I count myself very lucky.
me too josieb1 , could nt try one out as currys dont have as pc world (uk) ( what check the page press out as need no i can press them , i can on kindle 2 &3)
have them first. they did say they will order but not sure cus i only need try it first.

and they didnt say if they orderd weather i would need buy or not

so going phone pcworld next to make sure the do have it

want the voyage so bad
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #428
wolw
-= Balsa flies better =-
wolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Thumbs up

I absolutely love mine.
Went from a K3. I ended up shutting light off completely during daytime, I'm used to reading without, paperbooks doesn't have any and I save battery time.
In lower ambient light I turn it on, much easier to read and less strain on the eyes. Just perfect !

Peter
wolw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #429
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Can't wait to get mine. They are back ordered at Amazon now. Says it won't be shipped til Dec 9. Checked on line at every place I can think of. None have it except Best Buy. But, if you order one at the BB site, says that you have to pick it up at the nearest store. Don't have one here. Pthhh! So, won't get it for awhile. Does any one know a U.S. site that will deliver? At least I have a cover waiting for it.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote