Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Sigil tutorial on Youtube

Found this "How to Create an Ebook ePUB file" (Part 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzwWFcwEMxY It shows you how to make a basic epub book. There are two tutorials more that show some more advanced stuff but this was quite good.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
lankylady
lankylady began at the beginning.

Device: None
This may be an old message but the vid was very helpful to refresh my memory. Thanks!

Lanky lady
lankylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
lankylady
lankylady began at the beginning.

Device: None
Oops! Sorry, I see I was mistaking the join date for date of message. I see it's actually a fairly new message. I shall be watching it again.

Lanky lady
lankylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I love the opening! "It's very easy, even for beginners... you use XHTML and css... :-)

It gets better though. Starting from a Word document, "the first thing to do is get rid of all formatting". GOOD! Don't try to automagically convert the existing page layout - strip down to plain text then add the minimum amount of formatting that suits an eBook. Excellent advice.

Last edited by exaltedwombat; 03-08-2013 at 01:15 PM.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote