Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #16
eemad
eemad began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixeta View Post
never mind i fixed it ... sorry i dont know how to edit the post i posted earlier
would you please how did you that I used the PE update to upgrade my EE, but got the same proble as yours, tell me how did you sort the problem, thanks
eemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemad View Post
would you please how did you that I used the PE update to upgrade my EE, but got the same proble as yours, tell me how did you sort the problem, thanks

Please see the last post (#215) in my Resource Sticky. I offer suggestions which may help fix your problem:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...132878&page=15

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-27-2012 at 02:17 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #18
eemad

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Please see the last post (#215) in my Resource Sticky. I offer suggestions which may help fix your problem:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...132878&page=15
thanks so much, obsessed2

will sit down and think now, but yes, it's a big job for me.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #19
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks so much, obsessed2

will sit down and think now, but yes, it's a big job for me.

No problem. You hit upon the right attitude and the first solution to almost every problem, think it through and devise a plan of action.

As I said in my response, assume you didn't download the incorrect Ermine update, and maybe the first thing to try is downloading the known correct Ermine file again and re-applying it. You really don't have anything to lose by doing this.

Are you seeing the Entourage mirror image that other owners have reported after applying the wrong update? If so, read the solution Nikkie and EnvO carefully.

Keep us posted with your progress and hopefully some good news. Also, don't hesitate to post any other questions. You may not get an answer immediately but there are a lot of forum members who check this forum regularly and someone will try to help. Again, good luck and don't give up !!!

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-28-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
eemad

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
No problem. You hit upon the right attitude and the first solution to almost every problem, think it through and devise a plan of action.

As I said in my response, assume you didn't download the incorrect Ermine update, and maybe the first thing to try is downloading the known correct Ermine file again and re-applying it. You really don't have anything to lose by doing this.

Are you seeing the Entourage mirror image that other owners have reported after applying the wrong update? If so, read the solution Nikkie and EnvO carefully.

Keep us posted with your progress or good news. Also, don't hesitate to post any other questions. You may not get an answer immediately but there are a lot of forum members who check this forum regularly and someone will try to help. Again, good luck and don't give up !!!

that's right, i didn't download the incorrect Ermine update, will apply the right one and try. don't see mirror but it's blank, but will investigate again any way. many thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
that's right, i didn't download the incorrect Ermine update, will apply the right one and try. don't see mirror but it's blank, but will investigate again any way. many thanks

Try the Golden Dingo update as well. If the Golden Dingo just doesn't seem to want to work the recovery installer might be the source of the problem. See post # 2 of this thread and download the modified EE version (make sure it is the EE version) and try it again. Carefully read the very first post, especially step # 4. Although this thread was in reference to a Pocket eDGe, emusan modified a Pocket Edge and Full Size Edge version which should help with an upgrade that hangs up.

I suggest you read the entire thread. It's only two pages long. Several owners were able to recover their device using darkgue's solution along with emusan's modified Golden Dingo file.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=edge+update

The serial cable option should be the very last resort and based on your symptoms I don't think you will need it.

Again, go back to this thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...132878&page=15) and read my response in its entirety so you have all the options in front of you. Good luck.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
eemad

hi obsessed2

looked at the EE again, and yes, it's mirror screen when turned on the power, blue ball also on but can't turn the EE off.

did read the links through and used 'the link' from emusan (fixed golden dingo) which has been edited with the idea of altered the update.sh. NO luck yet. When flashing the golden dingo, the usd flash for few seconds and staying light up, but on other response then.

Seriel cable one, can anyone offer a step by step procedure instruction please.

thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #23
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
hi obsessed2

looked at the EE again, and yes, it's mirror screen when turned on the power, blue ball also on but can't turn the EE off.

did read the links through and used 'the link' from emusan (fixed golden dingo) which has been edited with the idea of altered the update.sh. NO luck yet. When flashing the golden dingo, the usd flash for few seconds and staying light up, but on other response then.

Seriel cable one, can anyone offer a step by step procedure instruction please.

thanks

The procedure to recover from using the wrong update file can be found here (post #88): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...07#post1781507

AND you will want to look at this as well:

(post # 62): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...+update&page=5

You may want to read through several of the posts in and around these two posts for additional information however, everything you will need including photos is primarily contained in the two posts referenced except see post # 94 for a complete set of cables required (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=145540&page=7)

Basically you use the USB to DB-9 cable from your PC, plug one end of the DB-9 to DB-9 cable into the DB-9 end of the USB cable, and chop off the other end and mate it to the 3 pin header cable.

If you identify and label the wires on pins 2, 3, and 5 beforehand on the DB-9 / DB-9 cable (buy one without a molded shell or with a cheap plastic shell which can be easily broken if possible) you can just twist and tape those to the wires on pins 1, 2, and 3 of the header cable and eliminate the need for soldering.

DB9 Pin 2 (RX) --> Header Pin 1 (TX)
DB9 Pin 5 (Gnd) --> Header Pin 2 (Gnd)
DB9 Pin 3 (TX) --> Header Pin 3 (RX)

OR

If you or someone else can open the DB-9 end of the USB / DB-9 cable and carefully identify and label the wires attached to pins 2, 3, and 5 of the DB-9 connector, you can wire those directly to the header cable and eliminate the need for soldering as well as the DB-9 to DB-9 cable.

OR

I really can't tell from the photos but, you may be able to cut and separate the male pins on a prefabricated 3-pin header cable like this one (http://www.amazon.com/3-pin-Female-M.../dp/B005TX3JWE) and plug these into pins 2, 3, and 5 of a DB-9 to USB cable ([http://www.amazon.com/RS-232-DB-9-Ca...545311&sr=1-27) with a DB-9 gender changer (http://www.amazon.com/Your-Cable-Sto...536119&sr=1-15) and eliminate the need for soldering and the DB-9 to DB-9 cable. Notice on the gender changer the pins are clearly numbered.

I realize this isn't an easy fix but, if you take your time and read through the posts referenced you or someone you know should be able to do it. The other owners who accidentally installed the wrong update were able to recover their eDGe so there is hope. I wish you all the best.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-29-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #24
eemad

thanks so much, Osessed2

but do you think i can ask a local IT tech to do such job? because i am not that confident to lay my hands on it, i am afraid.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #25
eemad

sorry, wrong spelling thanks obsessed2
Old 03-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #26
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
thanks so much, Osessed2

but do you think i can ask a local IT tech to do such job? because i am not that confident to lay my hands on it, i am afraid.

This should be within the capabilities of an IT tech. Hopefully you can find one that will be willing to do the job. Best of luck.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:57 AM   #27
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Keep us posted, eemad!

Karma for you, Obsessed2!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote