Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
@ Purple Lady
The page flip bug was, if I understand, caused (at least partially) by swiping instead of button presses, but my case is different. I was talking about PDFs which were reflowed (font size changed), and for which page turns were very laggy, not wild page turns. I have some small hope that Android apps can correct this, but then again I've never used Android.

@jbuk
Thanks, I'll check it out! I assume all those apps are accessible for the T1, why would they not be (perhaps a naive question, not being an Android user).
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
jbuk
jbuk doesn't litterjbuk doesn't litter

Device: none
@ring0_event

I think it's a question of which Appstores are accessible. I don't know whether those are on the Amazon Appstore, or whether they need access to the full Android market.

Just looking through the post on the Dev forum, Mantano has already been tried, scratch that.

I don't know whether this is useful, a list of the Apps which work on the rooted Nook Touch (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1176313).
jbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
Thanks jbuk and Purple Lady for your help!
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #19
mrklaw
mrklaw began at the beginning.

Device: none
Will this let me use kindle books, even whisper sync, including DRM support? And still keep the built-in library browser?

I have a kindle 3 so I don't want to rebuy books a second time, but the T1 is tempting for borrowing directly from our local library via wifi.
mrklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #20
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Folks, Sorry that I haven't gotten to your requests yet. it's been a crazy week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrklaw View Post
Will this let me use kindle books, even whisper sync, including DRM support? And still keep the built-in library browser?

I have a kindle 3 so I don't want to rebuy books a second time, but the T1 is tempting for borrowing directly from our local library via wifi.
Yes, I have a Kindle library ebook on my Sony Reader Wifi. I'm using the Kindle Android app, of course.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #21
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Folks, Sorry that I haven't gotten to your requests yet. it's been a crazy week.

Yes, I have a Kindle library ebook on my Sony Reader Wifi. I'm using the Kindle Android app, of course.
Awesome.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:21 AM   #22
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Anyone could try Perfectviewer?
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
It is the best comic viewer for android and can read cbr cbz without converting in pdf.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #23
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Without looking up URLs, I would like to see:
  1. Units2Convert - Measurment conversions
  2. RealCalc - Scientific calculator
  3. YouVersion - Bible software
  4. Villains - Uken text game
  5. Moon+ - reader software
  6. Pirates & Traders - game by MicaByte
  7. Yahoo Mail - the email I have used for the last 13 years
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #24
Lxuke
Lxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Have you tried any drawing or sketching programs? It would be awesome to have a good one of those. I tried Autodesk SketchBook Mobile 1.3 but it wouldn't run

Maybe I didn't install it correctly?

Does Skype work?

Last edited by Lxuke; 10-29-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Lxuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #25
hutzserd432
hutzserd432 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
I would like to know of the HOW to install an app on a hacked PSR-T1. Is there no step-by-step description? Anyone?
hutzserd432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutzserd432 View Post
I would like to know of the HOW to install an app on a hacked PSR-T1. Is there no step-by-step description? Anyone?
You install an app on a hacked T1 just like you would with any other Android tablet. Find the app online, download it, install it.

Not all will install, but the process is simple.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #27
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
You install an app on a hacked T1 just like you would with any other Android tablet. Find the app online, download it, install it.

Not all will install, but the process is simple.
At the risk of appearing dumb and as someone with zero experience of Android and tablets, is all this done from the PRST1? or do you download to the PC then copy it across. Is there a particular directory on the T1 where you have to copy the .apk file?

I would quite like to try out the Kindle for Android app but like hutzserd432 I have no idea how to go about it.

If anyone would like to take pity on the clueless ... or perhaps this new hack is not for people like us
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #28
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
Meanwhile, I wonder if you could try installing these really useful Android apks:

- ReLaunch (an excellent book launcher created originally for the Nook from the Russian ebook.org, but functional also on my Archos 7)
- Smartbar (an excellent system utility that contains an application manager, task manager, quick settings, info bar modifications, etc)
- Ghost Commander (a very handy dual pane file manager)

All of them are freeware applications that can be distributed freely, so I guess there's no problem if I post them here for you to try, also for anyone who are interested.

Thanks, Nate, for your offer to tryout these apps!
The hacked T1 firmware comes with a file manager.

Relaunch installed and OMG it looks so much better than RootExplorer. This app was clearly designed for an E-ink screen.

Ghost Commander did not install.

SmartBar installed just fine.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #29
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
At the risk of appearing dumb and as someone with zero experience of Android and tablets, is all this done from the PRST1? or do you download to the PC then copy it across. Is there a particular directory on the T1 where you have to copy the .apk file?

I would quite like to try out the Kindle for Android app but like hutzserd432 I have no idea how to go about it.

If anyone would like to take pity on the clueless ... or perhaps this new hack is not for people like us
First steal a sheep hack your T1.

You can:
  • email a copy of the app to yourself and then open the email on the T1
  • download the app from a website,
  • get it in an app store (I like Amazon), or
  • copy the app to the T1 over the USB cable.

The installation is pretty much the same for all options.

Click on the app (or the link to the app) to download the app.

Tap the black bar that is across the top of the screen. This will bring up a (pop-down) menu. You should see a progress bar showing the app being downloaded. But the download might be done before you look (or it might fail).

Once the download is done, click on the space where the bar used to be. That will select the app and start the install process.

Note that this process might break because the app simply isn't compatible.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #30
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
Quote:
The hacked T1 firmware comes with a file manager.

Relaunch installed and OMG it looks so much better than RootExplorer. This app was clearly designed for an E-ink screen.

Ghost Commander did not install.

SmartBar installed just fine.
Thanks you for testing!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote