Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
Granny419
Granny419 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Introducing myself

I have no clue how to do this. Hello world.
Granny419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Granny419

That was fun. But now what?
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi! Welcome!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Now we all get the chance to welcome you on Mobile Read, to ask you how you like your Kindle, what you like to read and also to tell you that the community is ready to help with any questions you might have. Oh, and we get to tell you there is plenty of PD books you can download here for free.

Enjoy your stay!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, Granny419.
How are you getting on with your kindle? And what sort of books do you like to read?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi Granny, welcome to MR! All here have different devices. I have a Sony PRS 505, 700, and an ECTACO Jetbook. Feel free to let us know about yours and what you like to read. There are various forums dedicated to each persons device. The people in the forum dedicated to yours have great ideas for things you can do with your reader. Feel free to ask any questions if you have problems. And, besides that, just check things out and get a good feel for it. Glad to have you on board!
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Granny419, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
Granny419

Thanks DixieGal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Hi! Welcome!
I am used to email and Facebook, not this format. But I'm pretty amazed I got so many responses. Gotta love the Reading Community!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #9
Granny419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journier View Post
Hi Granny, welcome to MR! All here have different devices. I have a Sony PRS 505, 700, and an ECTACO Jetbook. Feel free to let us know about yours and what you like to read. There are various forums dedicated to each persons device. The people in the forum dedicated to yours have great ideas for things you can do with your reader. Feel free to ask any questions if you have problems. And, besides that, just check things out and get a good feel for it. Glad to have you on board!

Hi Journier,

What a nice reply. I have a Kindle, got it yesterday afternoon, and am still struggling with the Free Downloads World. Will format my questions as soon as I feel articulate enough. Glad I've lived long enough to hold the miracle of an ebook in my hands!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi granny ! it looks to me like you are doing very well figuring out the forum. as everyone has already said, you'll find lots of friendly and helpful people (and books !) here, so take a look around and don't hesitate to ask questions.

and i will add my welcome to all the preceding ones.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #11
Granny419

Mysteries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Welcome to the forum, Granny419.
How are you getting on with your kindle? And what sort of books do you like to read?
I know I'm not supposed to reply to all these but it's irresistible, with such personal messages!! I LOVE pre-1950 mysteries, English and American Lit (pre-1930), all Church history and theology, and some select 20th century authors, so naturally I am gravitating towards Free Downloads. Yesterday I managed to download one book from ManyBooks, but the next two I tried just didn't go through. I'm in Firefox; should I change over to Internet Explorer?

Why doesn't the Kindle screen give me any help when the USB is plugged in? It only announces something about charging.

THANK YOU PATRICIA!!!

FIGURED IT OUT! Life's good!

Last edited by Granny419; 09-04-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Problem solved.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Granny Girl, you have found your heaven here! OK, look at the top of the page, the blue bar. Click "ebooks" and there you will find all of the FREE mysteries, church history, and 20th century authors that your heart can wish for. I think for the Kindle you will need to download MOBI format. Happy Browsing!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
Granny419

Stevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Hi Granny419, welcome to MR!
Love to read Stevenson, Walter Scott, Disraeli, Dickens, Hawthorne, Wm Dean Howells, Sinclair Lewis, am looking forward to some great reading with my new Kindle, and all that free downloading. If I ever figure it out!!!!

( FIGURED IT OUT!!!! What a miracle.)

Last edited by Granny419; 09-04-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Problem solved
Old 08-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny419 View Post
I know I'm not supposed to reply to all these but it's irresistible, with such personal messages!! I LOVE pre-1950 mysteries, English and American Lit (pre-1930), all Church history and theology, and some select 20th century authors, so naturally I am gravitating towards Free Downloads. Yesterday I managed to download one book from ManyBooks, but the next two I tried just didn't go through. I'm in Firefox; should I change over to Internet Explorer?

Why doesn't the Kindle screen give me any help when the USB is plugged in? It only announces something about charging.

THANK YOU PATRICIA!!!
i love old mysteries too ! you are in for a real treat here, as dg said. patricia has given me many a happy hour with Dorothy L. Sayers, Anna Katherine Green, and others.

another great site is feedbooks.com ; even more free books ! lots of great classics there.

also, i believe that both mobileread and feedbooks have a "kindle download guide" which you can add to your kindle and then download the books directly from there. i'm not positive how it works but there are plenty of kindle pros who can help you. look for daffy4u ; she's one of our kindle experts.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
Granny419

You Da Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Granny Girl, you have found your heaven here! OK, look at the top of the page, the blue bar. Click "ebooks" and there you will find all of the FREE mysteries, church history, and 20th century authors that your heart can wish for. I think for the Kindle you will need to download MOBI format. Happy Browsing!
Hey DixieGal,
I can see I'm in for a great morning, putting off my chores!!! THANKS! One question: do you have a kindle (Kindle 2)? I managed to download a book from ManyBooks, using Mobi, then couldn't get two more downloads accomplished using the same technique. Think I'll go back and try again -- there's probably a simple solution.

FIGURED IT OUT!!! Life's terrific.

Last edited by Granny419; 09-04-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Problem solved