Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2022, 12:19 PM   #1
pizza tonno
pizza tonno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Custom Affiliate Logo / Splash Screen

Hello! I've scoured the internet all day for information on customizing the splash screen/affiliate logo on the Kobo Libra H2O.

The only information I found was how to remove/change the affiliate logo by modifying the 'affiliate.conf' file.
Besides that, I also found this thread explaining which explains how to customize the boot animation.
That's are very useful but I still haven't found anything about the actual affiliate logo like where they are stored!
Does anyone have information or posts that could help me find out more?

Thanks a lot and have a good day,

pizza tonno

Last edited by pizza tonno; 02-20-2022 at 12:20 PM. Reason: didn't specify device model
pizza tonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 01:00 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
some images are embedded in the nickel binaries, I had a mod to extract and replace them here:

(Nickel Icons) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=262837

but I have not used this in a long time, no idea if it still works.

Kobo also added a random screensaver, why not just use that instead?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2022, 01:26 PM   #3
pizza tonno
pizza tonno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
some images are embedded in the nickel binaries, I had a mod to extract and replace them here:

(Nickel Icons) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=262837

but I have not used this in a long time, no idea if it still works.

Kobo also added a random screensaver, why not just use that instead?
Thanks for the reply! It seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, thanks for sharing I'll see if your mod still works and if not if I can blow some life back into it

Yeah I know about the random screensaver. But I've got my mind set on modifying the affiliate splash screen, nothing but modifying that will be sufficient :')
pizza tonno is offline   Reply With Quote