Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2021, 03:21 PM   #61
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
On the other hand, the patch that doesn't work for me -- either on my Libra 2 or Forma under the latest firmware, is the don't use uppercase for header/footer. It works for the footer, but the header still has "CHAPTER" all in uppercase. Go figure.
The above patch works fine in .18838, including the chapter heading remaining in lowercase if the original is in lowercase. The patch will not apply if your chapter headings are already uppercase. It will only prevent a lowercase heading from being "forced" into uppercase.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:21 PM   #62
GravityJones
GravityJones began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I've installed .18838 on my Libra H2O with the "Customize ComfortLight settings" turned on in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml, but it doesn't seem to have an effect. The ComfortLight schedule options on the kobo start at 9PM, which is the factory default, not 5PM like the patch says it should.
GravityJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2021, 03:17 PM   #63
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityJones View Post
I've installed .18838 on my Libra H2O with the "Customize ComfortLight settings" turned on in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml, but it doesn't seem to have an effect. The ComfortLight schedule options on the kobo start at 9PM, which is the factory default, not 5PM like the patch says it should.
IIRC, that patch option was rendered incompatible with Kobo's new firmware rewrite a few versions ago.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 03:42 PM   #64
CrazyPencil
CrazyPencil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hey, I have a problem with "Custom header/footer captions"
After the update it's no longer possible to change header/footer vertical position (margin-top) separately. Thus, my setup from the previous firmware is broken now. Either header is too high now or footer is too low. Is there a solution or I have to roll back?
CrazyPencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 06:00 PM   #65
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPencil View Post
Hey, I have a problem with "Custom header/footer captions"
After the update it's no longer possible to change header/footer vertical position (margin-top) separately. Thus, my setup from the previous firmware is broken now. Either header is too high now or footer is too low. Is there a solution or I have to roll back?
Kobo changed the nickel CSS code so that it's no longer possible to patch header & footer independently. You now only have the choice of fine-tuning margin-top by the same amount for both (or neither).

You can rollback if you wish but don't be surprised if you need to stay rolled back forever.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2021, 09:27 PM   #66
CrazyPencil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Kobo changed the nickel CSS code so that it's no longer possible to patch header & footer independently. You now only have the choice of fine-tuning margin-top by the same amount for both (or neither).

You can rollback if you wish but don't be surprised if you need to stay rolled back forever.
That's a shame, my tiny grey footer/header looked much better than the original ones. Thanks for your reply!

Last edited by CrazyPencil; 11-16-2021 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:59 AM   #67
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
That's a shame, my tiny grey footer/header looked much better than the original ones. Thanks for your reply!
Hi, if I have understood your problem, I think this is the solution. I have patched "Custom header/footer captions" this way (only the necessary part) and header/footer is gray:

Replacements:
# Part 1. Customise font-family (built-in or sideloaded font)

# #caption
# If new font-family contains spaces wrap in 'single quotes', e.g. 'Kobo Nickel'

# Un-comment and customise ONLY ONE of the following to change header/footer font-family
#- {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Avenir;"}
#- {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Avenir; background:transparent;"}
- {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:'Avenir'; font-weight:normal; color:#555;"}
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:34 AM   #68
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
@CrazyPencil
Post your changes that you made in the old version of the patch. Everything can be configured the same way.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:10 AM   #69
CrazyPencil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post
Hi, if I have understood your problem, I think this is the solution. I have patched "Custom header/footer captions" this way (only the necessary part) and header/footer is gray:
The problem is not font color or font family, it works fine, but the combination of "Reduce new header/footer height" (45px) and "Custom header/footer captions" with changed margin-top/bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
@CrazyPencil
Post your changes that you made in the old version of the patch. Everything can be configured the same way.
It used to be like this:

Reduce new header/footer height:
- Enabled: yes
- FindZlib: "ReadingFooter" # qss/ReadingFooter.qss
- ReplaceZlibGroup:
# Adjust the Replace values of min-height/max-height as you wish.
# Keep min-height=max-height
Replacements:
# ReadingFooter Reduce min/max height by 33%
# AuraHD/AuraH2O/AuraH202/ClaraHD/Elipsa/Libra2 (Dragon)
- Find: "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n min-height: 101px;\n max-height: 101px;\n}"
Replace: "ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n min-height: 45px;\n max-height: 45px;\n}"

Custom header/footer captions:
- Enabled: yes
# Un-comment and customise ONLY ONE of the following to change header/footer font-family
#- {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Avenir;"}
- {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:'Trebuchet MS'; background:transparent; color:#666666"}

# 2a. Touch/Mini users only: Adjust footer font-size as required.
# 2b. All models (optional): Fine-tune footer position by adjusting margin-top value
# A negative margin-top (e.g -10px) moves the footer text slightly upwards
# further from the bottom bezel/progressbar, closer to the page content
- Find: "#caption[newFooter=true][qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n font-size: 14px;\n}"
Replace: "#caption[newFooter=true] {\n font-size: 14px; margin-top: -25px;}"

# 2a. Touch/Mini users only: Adjust header font-size as required.
# 2b. All models (optional): Fine-tune header position by adjusting margin-bottom value.
# A negative margin-bottom (e.g -10px) moves the header text slightly downwards
# further from the top bezel, closer to the page content
- Find: "#caption[newHeader=true][qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n font-size: 14px;\n}"
Replace: "#caption[newHeader=true] {\n font-size: 14px; margin-bottom: -10px;}"

Last edited by CrazyPencil; 11-17-2021 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:37 AM   #70
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
- Find: "#caption[newFooter=true][qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n font-size: 14px;\n}"
Replace: "#caption[newFooter=true] {\n font-size: 14px; margin-top: -25px;}"

# 2a. Touch/Mini users only: Adjust header font-size as required.
# 2b. All models (optional): Fine-tune header position by adjusting margin-bottom value.
# A negative margin-bottom (e.g -10px) moves the header text slightly downwards
# further from the top bezel, closer to the page content
- Find: "#caption[newHeader=true][qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n font-size: 14px;\n}"
Replace: "#caption[newHeader=true] {\n font-size: 14px; margin-bottom: -10px;}"
Try it in the new version
Code:
Replace: "#caption {\n  font-size: 14px; margin-top: -18px;}"
Old 11-17-2021, 08:54 AM   #71
GlenRunciter
Enthusiast
GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Sage
Everything went fine with my Sage.
Thank you!
GlenRunciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:22 AM   #72
CrazyPencil

Quote:
Code:
No luck. It looks fine on the screenshot, but the header is partially underneath the top bezel. Maybe it can be fixed by increasing the header/footer height, I'll try it out.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:40 AM   #73
FireFrog
Enthusiast
FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle 2019, Kobo Libra 2
Works perfect on my Libra 2. The ability to fine tune margins, line spacing and font weight are must haves for me.
FireFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:37 PM   #74
CrazyPencil

Quote:
Code:
After setting footer/header to 73px and disabling margin-top, I'm finally more or less satisfied with the result. Thank you for your advice!
Old 11-18-2021, 04:07 AM   #75
Semwize
Guru

@CrazyPencil

You can still try to change the line spacing in order to adjust even less indentation from the headers and footers. It's all individual, so you pick up the numbers yourself.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching