Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
69bonni
69bonni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and Sony 700
Changing the Input format

Hi All,

I'm afraid im very new to the world of Ebooks and readers, so may i apoligise in advance for any stupidity on my part!

My better half had a Kindle for Christmas and i have been lent a Sony 700.

I have been pointed to the Calibre program that looks excellent. I have not had time to work with it much but i was trying to work out how to change the "Input" file type? The drop down box in the top left hand corner only shows "Epub" as selected when the program was installed, and i expected to see mutiple formats in the drop down.
Did i do something wrong on install? I am assuming that there is a way of changing in "input" format?

Any assistance greatfully received

Regards
Steve
69bonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bonni View Post
Hi All,

I'm afraid im very new to the world of Ebooks and readers, so may i apoligise in advance for any stupidity on my part!

My better half had a Kindle for Christmas and i have been lent a Sony 700.

I have been pointed to the Calibre program that looks excellent. I have not had time to work with it much but i was trying to work out how to change the "Input" file type? The drop down box in the top left hand corner only shows "Epub" as selected when the program was installed, and i expected to see mutiple formats in the drop down.
Did i do something wrong on install? I am assuming that there is a way of changing in "input" format?

Any assistance greatfully received

Regards
Steve
Convert: Left side
Maybe you only have an existing EPUB format for that book to convert FROM.

If you have multiple formats available, the the list gives you the option of overriding the preferred (possible best) source.
Note: once you have converted a book, Calibre defaults the conversion to the last used (and used options). There is a reset button near the button, that can be used to set it to use the 'Current' Calibre defaults' (which you may have adjusted to taste.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The input format drop down will list whatever formats you have in your Calibre library for that book.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote