Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
jbennion
jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony reader PRS-650
Kobo Database Restore

I am sorry if this question is already answered somewhere, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere that is clear. I am using Davidfor's excellent Kobo Utilities, and have set it up to back up my database daily, and have configured a file location to do so.

Well, the day for me needing that backup has come! Calibre is reporting that my database is corrupt. So, I want to restore the backup made ten days ago, which I have neatly zipped up for me thanks to this utility.

But HOW, exactly, do I restore the database? Do I just overwrite, or replace, the existing files on my Kobo reader (I have a KA1 for reference, though I suppose that probably doesn't matter) and then go from there?

Just to be clear, there is lots of discussion on here about backing up and restoring across different firmware versions or even different Kobo models. That's not what I'm talking about. This is restoring to the same model and firmware version as the backed up version. (At least I don't think a firmware update came through since then.)
jbennion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbennion View Post
HOW, exactly, do I restore the database? Do I just overwrite, or replace, the existing files on my Kobo reader (I have a KA1 for reference, though I suppose that probably doesn't matter) and then go from there?
I would suggest that you copy the KoboReader.sqlite file from your backup to the .kobo directory on your KA1, safely eject and then power cycle your KA1.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
What is the default location for KoboUtilities to store the database?
I did not set a save location and need to find the database backup, because mine is corrupted.

I'm assuming that since it is automatically set to save the database "at each connection" that it actually saves it SOMEWHERE
(even if I didn't set that location manually)
...RIGHT?

Or does it just not bother to save it if you didn't go through and set that location?

Last edited by LivresInOz; 03-03-2022 at 05:40 PM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 08:14 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If the configuration hasn't been done, the backup is not run.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote