Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #16
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Thanks for giving details. I'll have to scratch my head over this for a bit. I use Calibre to create epubs with custom fonts, so I haven't tried it with with Prs+ yet. Definitely worth exploring.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #17
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've been considering this for a while now, since I can't help but tweak every gadget I get. The custom CSS function sounds great (thanks for the quick explanation of how to get it to work).
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #18
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still not totally clear what the custom css does. I appreciate that you can custom set the font size, but can you set the increase / steps in size between the various size levels? That would be something...
Old 04-13-2011, 04:28 AM   #19
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
You can't increase steps between various EPUB size levels (possible with LRF though). But you can have a number of CSS files with different sizes and switch between them using PRS+.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #20
Rizla
Member Retired

Thanks for clarifying, Kartu. Sounds very nice.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #21
albogango
albogango began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I need help removing this from my reader. The Uninstaller isn't working. It freezes during the process.
albogango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
Bro Pete
Connoisseur
Bro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Sony PRS 650
OK guys, I know that I'm way behind the curve here. I recently changed my 650 to PRS+ but without documentation I really don't know what all it can do and how to make it do it. I would love to change fonts and use the folders and history hacks. Is there a write up? a PRS+ for dummies? Cliff notes?
Bro Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #23
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi Bro Pete,

for changing fonts reade Changing Fonts in PRS+ and this post in Ana Mardolls blog

BrowseFolders is working immediately there is a new icon in the 3rd row.

Most of PRS+ features are controlled via Settings-> PRS+Settings
a - rudimentary - discription can be found in the WIKI on the projectpage
HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #24
SnarkHunter
SnarkHunter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SnarkHunter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SnarkHunter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SnarkHunter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Just a quick, but very big thank you to all involved in creating PRS+, particularly PRS+ 2 and all the useful guidance and advice posted. My PRS 650 is now the machine it should be with a lovely shiny - and above all, readable - new font, a clock in the corner , more functionality, gestures...

THANK YOU ALL
SnarkHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #25
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
You're quite welcome
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote