Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-02-2021, 09:27 PM   #1
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
CC not connecting to calibre

I recently purchased new computer. It is Windows 10. I transferred my Calibre LIbrary to the new computer with no problems. But now I can't get my iphone or Kindle Fire to connect through Wireless Device in CC on either device.

iphone 11 iOS version 14.8.1

kindle fire HD 8 8th generation

iphone - when I connect, I get the Connected box but it just hangs up with the message "starting initial sync" and calibre never recognizes a connection. After about a minute the message goes away.

kindle - when I connect, it searches for a minute then I get the Failed to connect message.

I have restarted both devices, the computer and calibre to no effect. Please help
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:08 AM   #2
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Found the error - working fine now.
Advert
Old 12-04-2021, 07:33 PM   #3
RudeBoyEEEE
RudeBoyEEEE began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab S5e (ReadEra Premium)
How did you fix this? I'm having the same issue on Android and PC.
RudeBoyEEEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 12:38 PM   #4
laurla
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoyEEEE View Post
How did you fix this? I'm having the same issue on Android and PC.
My computer network setting was on public. Changed to private and it works fine now.
Old 12-04-2023, 11:09 AM   #5
DirCat
Enthusiast
DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Wink

(Posting to help others in case that didn't work.)

I had the same issue with Windows 11. I did turn the Wi-Fi to public and it still wouldn't work. I finally turned off my Windows firewall and that allowed the connection.

On reading how to allow Calibre to go through the firewall, I found a page that said how to get programs to be able to have access through the firewall, mainly by adding them to the exceptions. (Here's the link: https://www.technipages.com/block-un...dows-firewall/ in case you need it.) I didn't see "Calibre" listed, so I tried adding it. The program said it was already there, and it was, but under the "T"s (it is called "The Main Calibre Program" in the firewall list.) Neither the private nor public checkboxes were checked. I checked them both and turned my firewall back on. It seems to still be working.
DirCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert