Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #61
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Canada west coast - British Columbia region libraries share the same e-library system:

6320 ebooks (pdf, mobi, epub)
5397 audiobooks (wma & mp3)

All powered by overdrive.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #62
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
A paltry crop for a large library

Well the Toronto Public Library has a total of 884 fiction and 557 non-fiction books. A whole 1441! Most are epub but far too many are PDF. There is a smattering of mobi files as well.

For a library that claims to be one of the largest in NA this really poor. I think both the Hamilton and Ottawa libraries have bigger collections.

The fiction seems to be weighted towards romantic/teen fiction, i.e. most of it sucks (as in vampire.)

Hopefully it will improve.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #63
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I just realized that Overdrive is based in Cleveland.

Could that be the reason Clevnet has the most ebooks available?
I didn't know that, but it makes sense. I wonder if they have some sort of agreement that Clevnet gets the books at a discount rate because they're local?
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #64
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I didn't know that, but it makes sense. I wonder if they have some sort of agreement that Clevnet gets the books at a discount rate because they're local?

Or Clevnet received a grant from Overdrive.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #65
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
I don't know how many eBooks they have but for Just $15 dollars annually, non-residents can get a library card from the Philadelphia Library. Here is a link to the application: Application

Here is a link to their ebook selections to see if this is something that might be worth the $15 annually!
Philadelphia Free Library

Hope the above links work, if not you can Google Philadelphia Free Library.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #66
mknott
mknott began at the beginning.

Device: None
How many ebooks does your library offer?

San Antonio Public Library has 1,652 ebooks from OverDrive (1,239 EPUB, 353 PDF, and 60 Mobipocket).
mknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #67
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsheilah View Post
I don't know how many eBooks they have but for Just $15 dollars annually, non-residents can get a library card from the Philadelphia Library. Here is a link to the application: Application

Here is a link to their ebook selections to see if this is something that might be worth the $15 annually!
Philadelphia Free Library

Hope the above links work, if not you can Google Philadelphia Free Library.
How long did it take to get your card? I sent off for mine last week...
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #68
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
My local library launched their ebooks today so...

Hennepin County Libraries (MN)
663 ePub's
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #69
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Loudoun County has around 600 ebooks, all fiction. Fairfax County has around 2600, mostly fiction. I have library cards with both libraries.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #70
Mcsmith
Mcsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Hey the Canberra (ACT, Australia) Library has 2239 General Fiction titles! You have to be a member of the library though...
Mcsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #71
rbradford
rbradford began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch
Popping in late with numbers for our Overdrive collection in Indianapolis

Epub -- 3817 (since 2009)

MP3 -- 1049 (since 2008)

WMA -- 5431 (since 2006)

Digital checkouts are our fastest growing circ area, up 78% since last year.
rbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #72
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbradford View Post
Popping in late with numbers for our Overdrive collection in Indianapolis

Digital checkouts are our fastest growing circ area, up 78% since last year.
You and Amazon.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #73
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
I didn't send for my Philadelphia Library card yet but I wouldn't be a good example of how long it takes because I live in Costa Rica.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #74
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknott View Post
San Antonio Public Library has 1,652 ebooks from OverDrive (1,239 EPUB, 353 PDF, and 60 Mobipocket).
I looked into the San Antonio library, but it would require me going in and shelling out $100 for a yearly membership. Can't see myself doing that.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #75
Chris Crouch
Enthusiast
Chris Crouch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3 & iPad

Adelaide, Australia. There's no library within 800km that has ebooks.
Chris Crouch is offline   Reply With Quote