Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #46
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
DixieGal, still at #10? Smashwords can take awhile.
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #47
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
DixieGal, still at #10? Smashwords can take awhile.
Yep, still #10. That's OK, I can wait for something free.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #48
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

I am no longer in the Top 3000 at Amazon.

Amazon is a fickle lover that plays tricks with my heart.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #49
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Be the first to download this book!
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11079

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Da-Da-Du-Da! (Fanfare)

My brilliant husband's, Tim's, first book is currently #10 in the queue to be added to Smashwords. It is the story of his life, including idyllic childhood, drug addiction, mental illness, being burned in a gasoline fire, recovery from both burns and drugs, and finally he meets and marries the greatest woman alive.

Get "The Days of Babylon: An Autobiography By A Former Stoner" at Smashwords, when it eventually gets posted. Has been in the queue for about 19 hours so far, from #89 in line up to #10 this morning.

Reviews:
Fabu! Boffo! I couldn't put it down! Two thumbs up!
Bambi (bambiblings.blogspot.com)

If you buy no other book this season, make sure this is the one!
DixieGal (bambiblings.blogspot.com)

The book is great, and the wife's jewelry ain't half bad either.
Anonymous (bambiblings.blogspot.com)

Last edited by DixieGal; 03-15-2010 at 01:42 PM.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #50
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
You know, after Read An E-Book Week, I moved from obscurity at Smashwords to within the Top 20 current bestsellers and in the Top 5 fantasy bestsellers. But now that the week is over, sales have completely halted. (Of course, it was FREE last week!)

Anyone want to help project me into the Top 10....got a spare $1.99?

At Amazon, I'm still in the Top 4000 ... got a LOT of work to do there! .... also $1.99

...Dr. Drib, how was that on the shameless scale?

WONDERFULLY SHAMELESS! I LOVED it!

You understand how this place works, so pass the Good Word along to other authors.

Don't let creative constipation rule the day.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #51
davidhburton
Addict

Time to take a break from shamelessly plugging my own book, to plug another author. I'm sure you all know him. He's an ebook god and a brilliant writer.

Joe Konrath

Now go buy his books! Tell him I sent you. He doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, but tell him anyway.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #52
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Time to take a break from shamelessly plugging my own book, to plug another author. I'm sure you all know him. He's an ebook god and a brilliant writer.

Joe Konrath

Now go buy his books! Tell him I sent you. He doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, but tell him anyway.

Thanks for mentioning him, David.

I've only read one piece by him and thoroughly enjoyed it. I need to sample some more of his writing. It's exactly the kind of thriller/horror stuff I like.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #53
davidhburton
Addict

And he offers his books (mostly thrillers with some horror as well) for dirt cheap.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #54
David.Niall.Wils
Author & Digital Publishe
David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Figured I ought to drop some of mine in here...they have been doing pretty well, but suddenly, after Read an e-BOOK Week, my sales on everything have dropped off...

Deep Blue

Brandt is a drunken, self-loathing guitarist. When he locks himself out of his apartment and stumbles into an alley filled with trash can fires and the homeless, he is gifted - or cursed? - with the ability to play blues like he's never heard...at a price. He must play to release the pain of the world before it drives him mad. There is another who wants that pain to grow...

Joined at the Muse

Joined at the Muse is a collection of thirteen stories, novelettes, and novellas featuring author David Niall Wilson in collaboration with some of the finest talents in genre fiction. There is horror, dark fantasy, fantasy, and science fiction represented. Two of the stories, those with John B. Rosenman and Stephen Mark Rainey, are previously unpublished.

The Orffyreus Wheel

In 1712, a remarkable man named Johann Bessler invented a wheel that spun after being set into motion until it was stopped with no mechanical input. The Orffyreus Wheel follows his adventures in inventing it, and those of his heir, Elly Kassel, as she fights to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.

On the Third Day

A Young priest experiences the Stigmata. When the Vatican sends in Father Prescott, the "Miracle Man," to investigate, what ensues is a race to find the truth behind what's happening at the Cathedral of San Valencez by the sea before the miracle - or curse - gets out of hand, and before they are faced with the question of what happens...on the third
day.
David.Niall.Wils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #55
davidhburton
Addict

I'm in the same boat. Everyone is all e-booked out!

Didn't realize I could post a cover in these posts. Let me try that!! (...shameless!)

[Image too large. - MODERATOR]

"Beautifully written, dark and eerie vision of an apocalyptic future."
- Margaret Weis, New York Times Bestselling Author

"David H. Burton is a dark new talent in the genre. This one will make you leave the lights on for a week!"
- USA Today Bestseller, Cathy Clamp

Five hundred years have passed since the Earth shifted on its axis - a catastrophic event that wiped out civilization and released the powers of the dead back to Earth. With technology long abandoned, a dark age has shrouded our world once more. Travel to a future of blood sacrifice, demons, witchcraft, and an immoral God that has returned to reclaim his former dominion.

Book trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsZcFZ2Pv8

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-24-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #56
davidhburton
Addict

I had originally posted a mammoth picture, but now it's much more reasonably sized.

And since davison has a nice 3d cover, I'll try one too.

Last edited by davidhburton; 03-16-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #57
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

distasteful

This thread is an outrage.

To those of us that shy away from publicity, who depreciate their talents, who believe in honest, ethical, and righteous underplay of their work. Who are clean, fresh and free of impurities, additives and any kind of preservative I say this:

go to www.stephendavison.wordpress.com and download my thriller, you'll feel a lot better for it.

I'm going now before the sin of shameless plugging soils me further.
davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #58
davidhburton
Addict

Yes!!! Way to soil yourself!!

Last edited by davidhburton; 03-16-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #59
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

I've showered, seen my priest (who forgave me completely) and am feeling a lot better now.
davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #60
davidhburton
Addict

Looking forward to reading it!!

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo