Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
Pocket IQ Videos

It seems it only plays .mp4? I was not able to play .MP4 that was either 1080P nor 720P. I used realplayer.apk and the provided movie player. Although, the music did play.

I converted these to lower quality and the .MP4 played. Anyone able to play different formats or use different players with better results? Any other suggestions?

Also, how do I delete an App?
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post
It seems it only plays .mp4? I was not able to play .MP4 that was either 1080P nor 720P. I used realplayer.apk and the provided movie player. Although, the music did play.

I converted these to lower quality and the .MP4 played. Anyone able to play different formats or use different players with better results? Any other suggestions?

I don't know how to help you with anything but your last question. Sorry!

To delete an app that you installed: Settings --> Applications --> Manage applications --> Click on your app and then uninstall

If the app that you want to remove is not in the Manage applications screen, it's most likely a bundled app that came with the firmware from PocketBook. It cannot be removed.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:

What formats are supported depends largely on the installed codecs. 3gp are also supported. As for HD mp4 videos, it largely depends on what app you're using, but 720 videos should be playable. Try mvideoplayer or zimly.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
jww77
jww77 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ, Archos 101 Internet Tablet
Quote:

I use mvideoplayer. It works great so far with mp4 format. I haven't tried high quality video yet. I will soon.
jww77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Is there a player with codecs to allow avi files to play?
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paww View Post
Is there a player with codecs to allow avi files to play?
as far as I know, rocket player does, but please check first, as all my videos are 3gp and mp4 anyway (I am a Mac user)
Old 12-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
If I may ask... why do you play high resolution video on a low resolution device?
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
If I may ask... why do you play high resolution video on a low resolution device?
Ah, you know, that's what us freaks do! But you're right, of course, from a rational point of view.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
To avoid transcoding, of course.
My still camera lets me capture 720p video as a bonus and it's enough of a problem to get it in a form playable on the TV. If possible I prefer not to have multiple versions of the same clip.
(Plus, it's good to explore the envelope of the IQ.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
Palladin
Connoisseur

Update on 4 video players. I tried low quality, 720P, 1080P .MP4. Not one will play a 720p/1080P. Not one will play .avi files either

The default Movie Player, Realplayer, Mvideoplayer all will not play 1080P/720P video, only Audio plays. All play lower quality video

Rockplayer: 1080P: no audio or video; 720P: Jumpy video and audio - not watchable, plays lower quality video.

What should I try next? The low quality video is hard to watch, I was hoping for better quality and the ability to play .avi, .mpg, .mp4 and maybe even .mkv.

Last edited by Palladin; 12-05-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Update on 4 video players. I tried low quality, 720P, 1080P .MP4. Not one will play a 720p/1080P. Not one will play .avi files either

The default Movie Player, Realplayer, Mvideoplayer all will not play 1080P/720P video, only Audio plays. All play lower quality video

Rockplayer: 1080P: no audio or video; 720P: Jumpy video and audio - not watchable, plays lower quality video.

What should I try next? The low quality video is hard to watch, I was hoping for better quality and the ability to play .avi, .mpg, .mp4 and maybe even .mkv.
Tried Zimly?
Old 12-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
Palladin
Connoisseur

Tried Zimly and it is like the rest. It only plays audio and not video for high quality videos. Maybe android 2.2 will make the difference?

Last edited by Palladin; 12-05-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
People do really weird things with their IQ already

Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
People do really weird things with their IQ already

Love it, I want it.

Didn't see a link however!

I loved HOMM III personally still it looks fun.
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #15
Palladin
Connoisseur

I found that Vplayer beta plays all my .avi videos on my Android phone. I cannot find where to download it so that I can test it on my IQ.

I still am working on how to root the IQ and use market but I am a long way from getting that to work. Also, I cannot figure out how to copy the vplayer.apk file on my android phone because I cannot find its location to copy it.

Help?