Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Uploading LRF to Calibre

I had to start over with my PRS-700 and so I got rid of everything on the reader's hard drive. I have been trying to upload the lrf to the calibre to put on the reader again, but for some reason it won't do it. Am I not doing this right and it can be done? I have searched the lrf files from the portable hard drive and dragged and dropped to the reader its self and it shows up, but it doesn't show up as a collection which is why I have to load it into the calibre.

Can somebody help? Thank you.
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What happens when you try to add the LRF files to the Calibre library? I do this all the time without problems.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
What happens when you try to add the LRF files to the Calibre library? I do this all the time without problems.
It does nothing. It doesn't have the pop up that says that it's adding books, or anything.
This is what I am doing, so you can hopefully figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I press the add books icon and then it pops up the F drive which is where the html books and the lrf books are saved on the detachable drive. I go into the seach(I have Vista) part and just type in lrf to get all the lrf books in one place. Then I select all button and wait until it selects all of the lrf books and when it does that on the file where it's blank there's nothing that says that it has anything. If I do click on one of the lrf books and scroll down when I'm selecting them it will tell me the name of the books that I have selected, but I can't do that because there are too many books that are selected and it takes a really long time to scroll through all of them. I think I have like 5000 books saved on the detachable disk.
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote