Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
New Harlequin ebook Freebie "Boneyard" Thriller

Found a new Harlequin ebook Freebie: Boneyard by Michelle Gagnon

MIRA Imprint - Thriller

http://ebooks.eharlequin.com/370032E...A-D8D51E447445

Description
On the trail of a serial killer, the path splits in two...

FBI special agent Kelly Jones has worked on many disturbing cases in her career, but nothing like this. A mass grave site unearthed on the Appalachian Trail puts Kelly at the head of an investigation that crosses the line--from Massachusetts to Vermont, from wealthy vacationers to poor transients, from a serial killer to a copycat nemesis.

Assisted by law enforcement from both states and a forensic anthropologist, Kelly searches for the killers. But as darkness falls, another victim is taken. Kelly must race to save him before he joins the rest...in the boneyard.

Digital Rights Information
Adobe PDF eBook (requires Adobe Digital Editions)
Copy: not allowed
Print: not allowed

Microsoft eBook
Owner exclusive content: activation required

Mobipocket eBook
Protected content: Mobipocket "PID" required to open the eBook
Device Restrictions: Usable on up to 3 supported devices (PC or PDA)
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you, bookratt! My mom loves these, and I'll have a few new ones for her thanks to you..

I may even be tempted to try a couple of the mini ones..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thank you, bookratt! My mom loves these, and I'll have a few new ones for her thanks to you..

I may even be tempted to try a couple of the mini ones..

Glad I could help you & your mom out! It's fun when I dig up a freebie! Have a good one all!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
Wenn
Wenn is on a distinguished road

Device: Motorola DROID, Kindle 3, ColorNook
I agree--thank you so much, bookratt, for posting these Harlequin freebie offerings. I've followed through each time.
Wenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:13 AM   #5
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Thanks bookratt I'll add that to my "read something different" queue
There is also another harlequin freebie thriller available as a prerelease free purchase now as well but can't download until Nov 1.
The Hunters by Jason Pinter. He's a good thriller writer.
Link is http://ebooks.eharlequin.com/2E9A9F2...4-054B435A3154
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I just found The Hunters and waiting to download it on November 1st.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
bookratt
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Thanks bookratt I'll add that to my "read something different" queue
There is also another harlequin freebie thriller available as a prerelease free purchase now as well but can't download until Nov 1.
The Hunters by Jason Pinter. He's a good thriller writer.
Link is http://ebooks.eharlequin.com/2E9A9F2...4-054B435A3154
Thanks for the heads up from down under! :-)
Old 10-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
kjm00
kjm00 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader and my Blackberry (Mobipocket)
Mira imprint isn't like most Harlequins

Definitely a good catch -- Mira is Harlequin's imprint for fiction by women writers. They've published a number of excellent books of interest to both men and women, and I believe they don't require books to follow any particular formula.

This isn't a criticism of Harlequin's romance imprints; I just wanted to highlight that this book might be of interest to readers that don't usually read Harlequin's offerings.
kjm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:35 AM   #9
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
That's probably something most people don't realise is that Harlequin is no longer just sappy romance these days(though it is still a big part)
I have bought a number of action/adventure and thriller books by Jason Pinter, Cliff Ryder and Alex Archer over the last year.
The big pain is they still produce PDF rather than EPUB ebooks at the moment.Though the PDF ebooks read really well on the Sony reader.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:06 AM   #10
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Amazon Customer Reviews rating: 4.5 stars (out of 5).
Reviewer complaints: stilted dialogue with too many "sigh" words, graphic violent torture, frustrating cliffhanger ending (I think they meant it's a teaser to a next book).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
The big pain is they still produce PDF rather than EPUB ebooks at the moment.Though the PDF ebooks read really well on the Sony reader.
An alternative to PDF for eHarlequin books is to download the book in Microsoft eBook (.lit) format where it loads into Microsoft eReader, then use ConvertLIT GUI and Calibre to get it into .lrf or .epub or whatever format:

0. You need these three ebook apps:
a. Microsoft eReader (eHarlequin offers a download link),
b. ConvertLIT GUI,
c. Calibre

1. Use Internet Explorer to download (or at least Firefox has always failed to work for me).

2. Locate the downloaded .LIT file (on Vista, mine went into ...\Documents\My Library

3. ConvertLIT GUI: "Downconvert"

4. Calibre: "Add Books", then "Convert E-books" (assuming you've already set up your conversion preferences under "Preferences").

Then load the converted file onto your e-book Reader as you normally do. The file will be in ...\Calibre_eBooks\<author name (in this case "Michelle Gagnon")>\<book title (in this case "Boneyard")>.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote