Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #61
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Skimming this thread probably too fast -- only Dead Pigeons is done and available yet, right? (will get right to reading it) Light some fireworks or something, so I notice when the others you mentioned are also available!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #62
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Skimming this thread probably too fast -- only Dead Pigeons is done and available yet, right? (will get right to reading it) Light some fireworks or something, so I notice when the others you mentioned are also available!
Only dead Pigeons is available so far. Beneath a Bloodshot Moon very soon, depending on what happens editing wise this week.

I'm setting up a blog right now, if you want to bookmark this page http://pauljohnlyon.wordpress.com/finch-steinbeck/ it'll be where all the Finch & Steinbeck releases will find a home in the future
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Only dead Pigeons is available so far. Beneath a Bloodshot Moon very soon, depending on what happens editing wise this week.

I'm setting up a blog right now, if you want to bookmark this page http://pauljohnlyon.wordpress.com/finch-steinbeck/ it'll be where all the Finch & Steinbeck releases will find a home in the future
nice. bookmarked. (of course, now i have to remember to stop by there from time to time... you should add a link to your signature. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #64
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
nice. bookmarked. (of course, now i have to remember to stop by there from time to time... you should add a link to your signature. )
I'll do that very soon as the banners were very distracting I found, a good old text link is much better
Old 08-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #65
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll do that very soon as the banners were very distracting I found, a good old text link is much better
text links are good.
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #66
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Moejoe, I LOVED Dead Pigeons!

I thought it was well written and easy to stay "in the story".

I can't wait to read more of the adventures of Steinbeck (love him) and Finch!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #67
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Moejoe, I LOVED Dead Pigeons!

I thought it was well written and easy to stay "in the story".

I can't wait to read more of the adventures of Steinbeck (love him) and Finch!

Glad you enjoyed it, and here's a mini update on the covers, which you can see bigger versions of at my blog: http://pauljohnlyon.wordpress.com/20...over-versions/

Old 09-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #68
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
A quick note to tell you how much i enjoyed Dead Pigeons. Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler were peeking over my shoulder (okay, breathing heavily over my shoulder), wondering where Sam Luka has been hiding all these years. A very enjoyable read!! Thanks Moejoe - I'm looking forward to future stories!
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #69
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMines View Post
A quick note to tell you how much i enjoyed Dead Pigeons. Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler were peeking over my shoulder (okay, breathing heavily over my shoulder), wondering where Sam Luka has been hiding all these years. A very enjoyable read!! Thanks Moejoe - I'm looking forward to future stories!
I'm afraid I won't be doing any more Sam Luka stories. Editing the ones I've already written were distracting me away from my own writing, so it's highly unlikely that those novels will see the light of day any time soon.

for reading though, and I'm really glad you enjoyed the story
Old 09-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #70
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I'm afraid I won't be doing any more Sam Luka stories. Editing the ones I've already written were distracting me away from my own writing, so it's highly unlikely that those novels will see the light of day any time soon.

oh no ! that's really disappointing. i understand the need to prioritize but i hope you'll keep them close to hand and come back to them. i would really love to read the others as well.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #71
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Mojoe...Your wordpress blog is gone? Wha's up?
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #72
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPie View Post
The man moves fast. He's on his own domain now. Run faster!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #73
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPie View Post
The key is: never bookmark, just find one of his posts and click the link in his siggy - way easier!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #74
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:

What?...Wait! I love Sam Luka!(Well, I love all your stories, but I was looking forward to more Sam Luka.)

I must say that I am looking forward to what you are writing now.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #75
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

The collective scream of thousands of MR members when they read this

I hope you can come back to these stories at some time, but even if you don't I still look forward to your other work

animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote