Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Just a thought for Alex...

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to browse the mobi books section and then click a button that say, "E-mail to my Kindle?" Just a thought...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
And so you can, (almost).
Download our mobipocket download guide. Go to the ebooks button and click on "mobipocket download guide."

There's a thread about it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25256
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Oh, I do that, but when i do, the battery takes an alarming dip, and it is about six hours out of sync. When I'm at my computer and some cool new book comes up and i don't have my sync cord, I'd like to make it happen right then. With the Kindle and e-mail capability, I could have my desires met right away.

I know, kindle users are a bunch of spoiled brats, but it would still be cool...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
This could be added, I think. But it would cost something for the Kindle user to receive the e-mail, wouldn't it?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
This could be added, I think. But it would cost something for the Kindle user to receive the e-mail, wouldn't it?
Yes ($.10).

If you do implement the email feature, could you do it for all ebook formats? There are several situations where it could be useful.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
This should be very much possible. I am going to look into that as soon as I can.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
What fun!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
We would also need to know what address the email was coming from to add it to our allow list.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yes ($.10).

If you do implement the email feature, could you do it for all ebook formats? There are several situations where it could be useful.
Actually Amazon never implemented that fee, so there's no charge for emailing.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Actually Amazon never implemented that fee, so there's no charge for emailing.
Are you sure? I think it adds up and you get charged when you hit $5.00
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

One more thing-
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but what are the chances of having a MobileRead store? I doubt it's likely, but I am curious.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
One more thing-
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but what are the chances of having a MobileRead store? I doubt it's likely, but I am curious.
what kind of store do you mean ? there is already a cafepress store selling official mobileread t-shirts and gear, and there is also a Ministry of Unutterable Silliness store selling... well, silly t-shirts and gear. or did you mean a bookstore ? in which case, please elaborate ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what kind of store do you mean ? there is already a cafepress store selling official mobileread t-shirts and gear, and there is also a Ministry of Unutterable Silliness store selling... well, silly t-shirts and gear. or did you mean a bookstore ? in which case, please elaborate ?
A bookstore. For non-published authors. Seems like there are a lot of writers on here. So like a MobileRead publishing company? Like I said, I don't know how realistic that is. I was thinking along the lines of etsy, where the website is just the interface and people post their own content at their own price.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Are you sure? I think it adds up and you get charged when you hit $5.00
I thought it was $3. But, I have also heard people say they have done dozens of transfers and it has never been charged.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
A bookstore. For non-published authors. Seems like there are a lot of writers on here. So like a MobileRead publishing company? Like I said, I don't know how realistic that is. I was thinking along the lines of etsy, where the website is just the interface and people post their own content at their own price.
ah, well there was some talk for a while of MR starting a communal editing service, which perhaps could be rediscussed. i'm not sure what logistics would be involved in setting up an online payment system since the money wouldn't go to mr, but to individual authors. that might be more complicated. it is an interesting idea though.

for now we can at least definitely encourage authors writing under a CC licence to distribute their work here (unless, as is the case for Spacejock Hal, they need to be able to reference the download count, and therefore must keep the distribution local on their own site).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote