Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #631
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblogger View Post
Wrote an article about how to rent ePub or PDF books from local library for Kindle fire with instructions how to manually install ePub reader on Kindle Fire so it can read ePub files.
http://www.dragonblogger.com/rent-eb...local-library/

If you have any other tips or need help let me know.
Mantano doesn't handle Library DRM epub just ADE regular DRM. I wish it did but Aldiko does.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-28-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Merging thread, adding quote to keep thread consistent.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #632
wraylewis
Enthusiast
wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad and Kindle
My blog focuses on free or low-cost software for the creation of art, words and music.

I use 3D and 2D graphics programs and software for creation, edit and format of copy. So, I have started a good inventory for that end of the creative world, and hope you all can add to it.

On the music side, I write songs, and know many songwriters, but know little about music/songwriiting software. So, I highlight songwriters, and ask visitors to add info on digital tools they may use.

Please check it out, and help it grow! (It's very new.)

It's in my signature, but here it is by itself:

makeartwordsmusic.com
wraylewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #633
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblogger View Post
Wrote an article about how to rent ePub or PDF books from local library for Kindle fire with instructions how to manually install ePub reader on Kindle Fire so it can read ePub files.
http://www.dragonblogger.com/rent-eb...local-library/

If you have any other tips or need help let me know.
With regard to the Fire, why on Earth would anyone want to go through the extra work to checkout an ePub when the Kindle version is available to borrow (not "rent") and download directly to their Fire?

Many of us do borrow books in various formats, but for noobs I don't see this particularly helpful.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-28-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Merging thread, adding quote to keep thread consistent.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #634
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Here is my Kindle related sites. It's supposed to be a mixed bag of all things Kindle, but lately has been app reviews. Any contribution is welcomed if anyone would like to write reviews, mainly looking for books as I read pretty slow and it would take me three months to write a review myself .

http://www.kindlingaround.com/

I do all the illustrations myself.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #635
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thumbs down Why is this sticky located in this forum????

Mods, why is this thread a sticky in the Kindle Fire forum? This should be moved to a less annoying place!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #636
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Mods, why is this thread a sticky in the Kindle Fire forum? This should be moved to a less annoying place!

This thread is a sticky in the Self-Promotions forum, friend, where it's always been.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #637
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That was my bad. Instead on merging a post into this thread, I merged the thread into that post. It's fixed now. Sorry.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #638
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have just posted my review for The Whole Truth, an omnibus of two novels by Jim Murdoch.

What happens when a middle-aged bookshop owner meets Truth personified? Read what I thought about it: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2011/1...y-jim-murdoch/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #639
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
With regard to the Fire, why on Earth would anyone want to go through the extra work to checkout an ePub when the Kindle version is available to borrow (not "rent") and download directly to their Fire?

Many of us do borrow books in various formats, but for noobs I don't see this particularly helpful.
I was under the impression that the Kindle borrow feature was limited to one book per month. Most libraries aren't.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #640
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Phil Torcivia - Interview and his books - at An Author's Place

He writes unusual and funny books about dating and mating rituals.

http://anauthorsplace.weebly.com/index.html

Thanks for looking
Pam
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #641
TRG Admin
Always on the lookout
TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!TRG Admin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad, Nook, Kindle, Kobo
The Reader's Guide - new site for finding books

Hi there!!

I just wanted to introduce our fairly new site, The Reader's Guide. We are an affiliate based site that lists books for Amazon, Kobo, B&N, Apple, and Smashwords. We're still fairly new, but feel free to drop by and have a look. Our site offers the following:
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Subscriber email list
- each post has the review summary and the reading sample
- Search based on price, genre, venue (or combination thereof)

We're very proud of the fact that we're starting to include books from venues other than Amazon and hope that the site will appeal to a larger audience.

I hope it's okay to post here. Please let me know if I should have posted this somewhere else.

Thanks in advance!!
TRG Admin
http://thereadersguide.com
TRG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #642
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I am participating in Moira Rogers Truckers vs Outcast showdown. Drop by and leave a comment, and you might win an e-reader ( offered by Moira Rogers) or a copy of Demon Bait ( offered by me) .
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #643
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have decided for 2012 to move my entire logging/tracking/reviewing system over to Goodreads. Here is my profile for anyone who wants to follow. I have found that my most compelling reason for starting the blog---the blind faith purchase of the Fictionwise multiformat title for which there was little existing reviews or information---has been mitigated by Kindle, Smashwords and the emergence of the sample as a standard book feature. And I have found too that with over 1000 books in my to-read queue, I have less need to review to warm people about the bad ones, because I simply haven't got the time to waste on such books. If I start reading it and don't like it, I stop and move on. Life is too short to read sucky books! I'll still be reading, both indie and otherwise. I'll just be sticking to the good stuff and posting about it at Goodreads instead.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #644
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I was recently asked where my inspiration came from. This is my answer: http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2012/01/...come-from.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #645
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Surprise! My new website look is live! -> http://www.realmsofimagination.net/

Sure, it's not a major diversion from the previous look, but rather an updating of what I had before to fix some issues, add a news feature, and a new core layout. I hope you all enjoy it.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing