Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
this is why

Quote:
"Apple’s lawyer said the company would appeal the July 9 decision and Judge Birss granted the company permission to take its case to the court of appeal."
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm afraid I fail to see how you can make a definitive statement it will be overturned, given that the appeal hasn't occurred yet.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #18
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOPah View Post
You just know that they will manage to put a positive spin on the advert...

'Hey, the Samsung Tablet isn't as cool as the iPad - how could they have copied the design?'

Reminds me of the Samsung ad spoofing the iPhone

Carol

Edited: Tried to get it to show up in a uTube window like some do here but couldn't.

Edited: Did it. Yay

Last edited by sadievan; 07-19-2012 at 01:17 PM.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post

Reminds me of the Samsung ad spoofing the iPhone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FVkH9Hgvda4

Carol

Edited: Tried to get it to show up in a uTube window like some do here but couldn't.
See this part in the link -- FVkH9Hgvda4

Click the YouTube link, then copy/paste it between the inner brackets.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #20
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
See this part in the link -- FVkH9Hgvda4

Click the YouTube link, then copy/paste it between the inner brackets.

Thanks. Just figured it out and posted as you were.

Now if only I can REMEMBER it.

Carol
Old 07-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. Just figured it out and posted as you were.

Now if only I can REMEMBER it.

Carol
Now we have it three times and everyone will remember this video
Old 07-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Now we have it three times and everyone will remember this video
I guess I should have deleted part of the quotes. My Bad.

I liked the ad, and I have an iPhone. Thought it was funny.

I think, might have been Harry, told me how to do the uTube video's before. Maybe now I'll remeber.

Carol
Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I guess I should have deleted part of the quotes. My Bad.

I liked the ad, and I have an iPhone. Thought it was funny.

I think, might have been Harry, told me how to do the uTube video's before. Maybe now I'll remeber.

Carol
You need some REMEMBER lessons

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 07-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
You need some REMEMBER lessons

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I DO remember those. Used to like the 'Leader of the Pack', girl groups of the '60's.

Now I'm giving away my age.

Carol
Old 07-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #25
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
Is this like doing 100 lines for being naughty a school.
I must not tell lies
I wonder what the reasoning behind this ruling is. My first thought is that Apple was using the courts as a marketing tool. It brought negative publicity to Samsung during the case. If Apple won it would bring negative publicity to Samsung after the case. And if Apple lost, they would conveniently remain silent after the case (while Samsung would probably remain quiet because their devices are similar enough that some people wouldn't accept the ruling).
Old 07-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #26
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I wonder what the reasoning behind this ruling is.
My understanding is that Apple came straight out of the court case and repeated their line about Samsung 'blatantly copying', in spite of the fact that the case had basically just ruled that they didn't.

Samsung complained that the constant repetition of this statement was commercially damaging to them. The judge said that Apple were entitled to express their opinion, but concurred that some redress was required to counteract what is effectively propoganda, given that the ruling was that no blatant copying had in fact taken place.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #27
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
My understanding is that Apple came straight out of the court case and repeated their line about Samsung 'blatantly copying', in spite of the fact that the case had basically just ruled that they didn't.

Samsung complained that the constant repetition of this statement was commercially damaging to them. The judge said that Apple were entitled to express their opinion, but concurred that some redress was required to counteract what is effectively propoganda, given that the ruling was that no blatant copying had in fact taken place.

Graham
I wonder if this is connected with the UK having stronger libel laws than the US.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #28
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
I wonder if this is connected with the UK having stronger libel laws than the US.
I suspect it might have more to do with Apple's apparent contempt for the ruling of his court. If they don't post the ad then they probably are in line for a contempt of court ruling.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #29
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakdaleMike View Post
Tubemonkey, I know it's a joke and one should never analyze jokes, but I wonder how long it took to set up the Sammy to look like that. That's sure not how it looks out of the box, nor how any normally-configured android device looks.
Funny, looks like many friends' Android smartphones except for having app icons only with no larger widget icons... guess it'd take me around three minutes max to have similar screen by deleting three widgets from homescreen and adding half a dozen apps... it's also not very far from my Galaxy II S straight out of the box...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #30
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You'll have noted, I'm sure, that the judge ALSO said that the reason that Samsung weren't in violation was that the Tab wasn't as "cool" as the iPad. I'm sure that any "shame" Apple may feel will be more than assuaged by the fact that they can now claim "we're cooler than Samsung - the courts have said so!".
way toooo cooool for cats, Harry
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote