Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Sigil validate errors

I'm getting the following error in the validate area

<metadata>
<title>In The 80's Dancehall</title>
<dc:identifier id="bookid" />
<dc:date xmlnspf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" opf:event="publication">2012-07-09</dc:date>
<dc:language>en</dc:language>
<meta content="Adobe InDesign" name="generator" />
<meta content="0.5.3" name="Sigil version" />
<meta name="cover" content="FrontCovercrop590x750.jpg" />
</metadata>

I see the title, which I added

see attached photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SigilSs.png
Views:	297
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	88965  
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post

I see the title, which I added
Ummm. That's not how you add a title to an opf file. Best use the graphical menu interface... Edit->Meta Editor and fill in the Title box.

... and why do you have three identical language entries??

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-10-2012 at 12:24 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Ummm. That's not how you add a title to an opf file. Best use the graphical menu interface... Edit->Meta Editor and fill in the Title box.

... and why do you have three identical language entries??
It just amazes me the lengths users go to do it the 'difficult way' when pressing F8 is so simple.
In cases of a timestamp error, just opening and closing the editor fixes the issue.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Thx, I see what you mean. I used the graphical to add the title.

Just have this other ONLY error generated

whitespace expected, see screenshot.

thx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whitespaceSIGIL.png
Views:	309
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	88979  

Last edited by ralphiedee; 07-10-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Missing a quote on line 22
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
ralphiedee
Zealot

Ah, thx for that as I hate writing code and I have been looking at this for too long, need a bit of a rest.

thanks for the fresh eyes!

RD