Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
piznattipat
piznattipat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
need help with coversion, adobe digital editions to kindle via calibre

i'll sort through legal debate of drm and read lectures about my lack of tech savvy. i just want to read on my kindle ! and i'm humbling asking for your help!

i've downloaded adobe digital editions and books from my local library. I've downloaded calibre as well. i open calibre and attempt to add the book from my adobe digital editions library...but there's nothing there. the book is there when i open adobe digital editions. but calibre doesn't seem to find it, even when i set it recognize all formats.
what am i doing wrong? please help.

i think if i could get it in calibre, i can covert and get it on my kindle...but i'm missing something. any help is appreciated. thanks.
piznattipat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
To get the book into Calibre, you would need to find it in the ADE folder on your computer, not the ADE program itself. For me, ADE books are in Documents > My Digital Editions. Copy the book from there to Calibre and you will be able to move it to another location like a reader, but you will not be able to open it or convert it because Calibre cannot open or convert anything that is DRM-infested.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by piznattipat View Post
i'll sort through legal debate of drm and read lectures about my lack of tech savvy. i just want to read on my kindle ! and i'm humbling asking for your help!
You will not be able to covert a ADE file that is protected by DRM with calibre nor will you be able to read it on your Kindle. Have a look in the Kindle sub forum there are threads about DRM there that will answers your questions about it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote