Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
Possible flaws to check for on a new Kindle 2

I'm using my brand-new K2, and hopefully that will bring to light any problems or defects that would justify an exchange, but I'd like to be sure I don't miss anything before the 30-day return is up. Flaws that seem to occur moderately often that I know to look for from doing my background research are:

1) Exposing the screen to direct sunlight for awhile to see if it fades.

2) Checking the smallest font sizes to make sure they are still clear and legible.

3) Checking the hinges on all the buttons and rockers to make sure they are aligned properly and work smoothly.

Anything else I should check out? Especially a problem that I might not easily find in the course of reading? (of course this means that it is unlikely to be a fatal flaw, even if it is a defect)

Thanks for any suggestions!
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Busirane
Busirane began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
1) Exposing the screen to direct sunlight for awhile to see if it fades.
It's turning pages in direct sunlight, not simple exposure of the screen, that triggers the fading problem for some people. I had a similar misunderstanding.
Busirane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
check, defects, new kindle