Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
How to set cover image?

frabjous has taught me how to convert and HTML file to mobi, and for that I am most grateful.

But I'm afraid I still can't work out how to attach a cover image - I can't drag a jpg on to the Cover Image pane. Can anyone please tell me how to do it?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The commonest way is to use the "Edit Metadata" dialog and then add the cover either via the "Download Cover" button, or via the floppy icon to add it via a file select dialog.

You can also simply put the image file as a "cover.jpg" file directly into the Calibre folder on disk that holds the ebook.

To get the cover image included in a ebook you then have to run a conversion to the target format.

Last edited by itimpi; 07-03-2009 at 09:45 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
Colaveare
Colaveare began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
You can also add it by going to the "Edit Metadata" or press the letter "E" and drag the picture you want to use over the cover picture and/or book picture that shows up there.

Last edited by Colaveare; 07-04-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Colaveare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:22 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks to you both. I'll give that a try.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote