Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Kindlepid Fix for KindleDX

I posted this is in the regular Kindle forums earlier, but thought it was prudent to add here as well. I order for version 0.2 to work on the Kindle DX, you need to add the following in bold:

Code:
    if serial.startswith("B001"):
      print "Kindle 1 serial number detected"
    elif serial.startswith("B002"):
      print "Kindle 2 serial number detected"
    elif serial.startswith("B004"):
      print "Kindle DX serial number detected"
    else:
      print "Warning: unrecognized serial number. Please recheck input."
      sys.exit(1)
Someone should consider taking over the code and releasing an official 0.3 version.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
CondorX
CondorX began at the beginning.

Device: K2
I might add that my wife got a replacement Kindle 1 with a S/N beginning B101 so I I had to modify the script for that.
CondorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CondorX View Post
I might add that my wife got a replacement Kindle 1 with a S/N beginning B101 so I I had to modify the script for that.
Wow, thanks Condor!
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #4
dskag
Enthusiast
dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.dskag solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Does anyone know what the B00X prefix will be on the new K3 latest generation Kindles will be?
dskag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No, we don't.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Good, Is it a shell script ?
And did you tried it ?
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Re: K3 prefix.

Seems to be B006 in the few clear shots of the 3g+Wifi review units I've seen.

(And since we're talking about S/N prefixes, for those wondering, it's B009 for the DXG)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-24-2010 at 08:36 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
JPDeckers
JPDeckers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 US & K3 WiFi
And it's B008 for the Kindle WiFi version
JPDeckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
CondorX
CondorX began at the beginning.

Device: K2
Delete