Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Searching OnKindle Field

Hi:

I am having trouble getting a search to show results for books which have not been sent to my kindle. I am trying this but it is not working, am I doing something wrong or can you not search on this field:

#ondevice:false
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click on the column header to sort on that column, then all the books not on the device will move to one end of the list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
click on the column header to sort on that column, then all the books not on the device will move to one end of the list.
That's what I have been doing, but I would rather not keep doing that, my library is getting larger. But if that is the only option, I guess I have to keep doing it that way...
Old 10-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
remove the # from in front of #ondevice
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Thank you that did it.
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Hi:

Sorry to make a PITA of myself again but I am having trouble with this saved search. It works fine when the kindle is plugged up but if the kindle is not plugged up it gives me all the books in my library. Is there a way to get it to work whether the kindle is plugged in or not? I would like to be able to refer back to it to determine if there are any books which requiring syncing. I only plug in the kindle to my computer when I need to upload missing books. Here is the search:

#k2i:false or #k2i:no or ondevice:false
Old 10-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi:

Sorry to make a PITA of myself again but I am having trouble with this saved search. It works fine when the kindle is plugged up but if the kindle is not plugged up it gives me all the books in my library. Is there a way to get it to work whether the kindle is plugged in or not?
No. Ondevice is only valid when a device is plugged in.
Quote:
I would like to be able to refer back to it to determine if there are any books which requiring syncing. I only plug in the kindle to my computer when I need to upload missing books. Here is the search:

#k2i:false or #k2i:no or ondevice:false
You can manually capture the value of ondevice. For example, you can use a tag. The procedure would be something like:
1) Select all books with tag onKindle.
2) Use bulk metadata edit to remove the tag. Alternatively, use manage tags and delete the tag.
3) Plug in the kindle.
4) search ondevice:true
5) select all and apply the tag onKindle.

There are many alternative approaches and steps.

Of course, the tag is only reflects what was there when the kindle was connected. It cannot see manual deletions or whispernet additions.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote