Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
mombooks
mombooks began at the beginning.

Device: all
Hyperlinking images

Hi all,

I'm trying to use images as part of an inline TOC and hyperlink them to chapters of a book - all fine and dandy in the epub I'm working on in Sigil, but when I convert to mobi in calibre the chapter buttons don't seem functional. Is what I'm trying to do possible?
mombooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Hmm... In my experience hyperlinked images work fine in mobi, but they don't work in ADE-based readers (ePub format). However, this is completely different from the problem you report. Maybe calibre is doing something weird there?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
mombooks

How strange. Are you making them the same way I am? The links work fine in ePub/ADE for me, but stop working after being converted to mobi. Text links seem to retain their functionality, just not image links...
Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
mombooks

Would there be any way to edit the mobi file to put the links back in? I unpacked it as html but what I saw was not what I expected… One HTML file so no linking to files I guess…
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I can't attest to calibre-built mobis, but I know images as links works fine when built using Kindlegen.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
mombooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I can't attest to calibre-built mobis, but I know images as links works fine when built using Kindlegen.
I just tried kindlegen from epub source and it produced a blank book. Lucky for me I'm OK to use text links in this case!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Did you validate the ePub in Sigil?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
mombooks

yes, it checked out fine
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
A "blank" book? As in; kindlegen produced a mobi file that had absolutely nothing in it? What warnings or error messages were displayed?

Could you possibly share this blank mobi for closer examination?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hyperlink, images, mobi