Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
neskid
neskid began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Question AnkiDroid on Nook Simple Touch ?

I'm thinking about buying a Nook Simple Touch, but being able to use flashcards is kind of a deal breaker. There's an app version of Anki, called Ankidroid, so in theory it should run on a rooted Nook. Can't find any evidence of this however.

Also, using AnkiWeb in the built in browser is not an option since I won't have wifi access for the most part.

So if anyone with a rooted nook could give this a go and share the outcome that'd be great!

AnkiDroid website
neskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Done
Installed with no problems
Tried de default set of flash cards...could not see problems
Could see stats end edit the flash cards
The default cards are very simple, I am not sure if very complex cards would work.
I will use it too, I am already using the desktop version. It does not have lots of animation and for that reason it actully works better than other applications which are designed more for tablets and more advanced graphic cards

All in all I beleive you can go for it!
I bought mine two days ago and I do not regret it.

I also have a Kobo Touch and I believe that having Android on Nook makes it better if not the best in its class (e-ink, 6", touch)
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
neskid
neskid began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thanks P4Mobile, I'm seriously thinking about getting one now. Problem is I'm in Sweden and importing one is quite expensive, but if I do get an e-reader this is my pick.
neskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
There are a couple of store that would ship one to you if you pay more
Alternatvely you can use a proxy address, I don't know how it works
http://www.viaddress.com/
http://www.borderlinx.com
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote