Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
hrickh
Enthusiast
hrickh began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N800, EeePC 4G Surf
Failed news feed... how is it handled?

I originally posted this on the FB Calibre page, and I'm reposting it here as well.

When a feed cannot be found, how are other scheduled feeds handled?

For example, I get at 404 Not found for the "El Periodico de Catalunya" feed, but in reality, when I try and open it, the epub file seems to actually include the next scheduled feed download, in my case "San Jose Mercury News". If I then try to open the SJ Merc feed, that is where I actually see the 404 Not Found message for El Periodico. I have all these scheduled feeds emailed to my Gmail account automatically.

I'm using version 0.6.42, as included in Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.

R.
==
hrickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's odd. A failed download should never result in an epub file. IRIC, there were some problems with bulk emaillings in older versions. I suggest updating to the newest first.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert