Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #16
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden Winters View Post
Actually, I didn't know I was locking the file.
Many people don't; your beta reader might not. Often, it's a setting available the first time someone creates a PDF (a box pops up and says something like "do you want to protect this file against changes?"), and you never see the option again unless you go looking for it, because the "save this setting" box is clicked by default.

Quote:
But then again, last version created was done by a beta reader (when I kept messing it up), so will have to ask. I'm getting one heck of an education here, and will direct Mel (of GLBT Bookshelf) here again, too. I will try to find time to redo file this weekend. Thanks so much for the info.
We're always very, very happy when authors take an interest in any part of ebook formatting.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
PDFs are fine if you intent to print before reading or are reading on a computer.

As EA pointed out, RTF is great as a transition file -- created easily out of Word or any word processor (presumably that's how these files are created anyway) -- and then posted as ePub or mobi files for use by anyone with a stand-alone ereader. Ideally, the website would post two files: ePub for everyone without a Kindle, and mobie for everyone WITH a Kindle. Both formats can be created with trivial effort (starting with the right tools).
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The last one is on Scribd and apparently you have to either buy a subscription or upload a document to download it. At least that's the indication I get when I click on the download button.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #19
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
<edit>

Last edited by jblitereader; 03-23-2011 at 02:37 AM.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
Hey guys, are these stories boring dramas or are there actually real storylines with gay characters?
They're romance/erotica stories. They have real plotlines, inasmuch as romance books have plotlines. (The purpose of the plot events is to show tension and/or give the characters the ability to be together, not the other way around.)

I haven't yet read them (I plan on reading some this weekend), but some are by award-winning m/m authors.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #21
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Josh Layton, for one, tells a story.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #22
SensualPoet
Wizard

Speaking of Josh Lanyon, a recent title of his from Carina Press -- Fair Game -- will be available from Kobobooks for 99¢ on Wed Sep 1 only.

See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...99&postcount=6

(Amazon Kindle might match ...)
Old 09-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #23
Eden Winters
Eden Winters began at the beginning.

Device: None
Whoo-hoo! I just turned The Telling into an epub file (I think). I'm still experimenting. Thanks ya'll for all your advice. Now to learn more. Once I'm sure the file is good, with no weird format issues, then I'll see about posting the easier to access version somewhere.

Last edited by Eden Winters; 09-03-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Eden Winters is offline   Reply With Quote