Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
ktwo
ktwo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
NOW I see why Calibre is so great

Prior to getting the upgrade for my PRS-500, I didn't really see what was so great about Calibre vs the Sony software. I'd been using it to do some transmogrification of different book formats and to write books to my memory card, but that's about all I was using it for.

But, now that my Win 7 64 bit OS recognizes my reader and I can use Calibre to it's fullest extent, I can see why it's such a great piece of software.

Great job Kovid!

-K2
ktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Cool
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwo View Post
Prior to getting the upgrade for my PRS-500, I didn't really see what was so great about Calibre vs the Sony software. I'd been using it to do some transmogrification of different book formats and to write books to my memory card, but that's about all I was using it for.

But, now that my Win 7 64 bit OS recognizes my reader and I can use Calibre to it's fullest extent, I can see why it's such a great piece of software.

Great job Kovid!

-K2
Without Calibre I would still be stuck with .mobi. Have bought 5 books in .epub, and have managed to convert them all in one go.

It's opened a whole new area for me.

Many thanks.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote