Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
GyGeek
Connoisseur
GyGeek is on a distinguished road

Device: Samsung Q1 Ultra, Boox 60, Droid
Digital Reader 1000SW?

I've seen references to the 1000SW, but over at the IREX website they show only the Digital Reader 1000S, with a model # of DR1000S-XW-GR. The description says nothing about wifi, but in the forums here is talk of the wireless capabilities. Any ideas concerning the differences in capabilities?
GyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The SW is "on hold". No release date scheduled for it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
I have to believe all of their limited resources are directed toward getting the color screen out the door. I bet the schedule is so tight they are already working late to get it out the door. Add in the bug fixes and enhancements for the DR, do we really believe the SW will ever see the light of day?

Maybe if Sony starts to offer books from a bookstore with a Wifi connection and with Amazon continuing to do what they are doing it could force their hand to pull the trigger and get it out the door for Barnes&Noble. Otherwise I still bet they wish this was a product was never announced. The best we may ever get out of this is lessons learned with Wifi connections to get it working right on the color reader. Time will tell. Will the consumer reader have Wifi?

Last edited by timezone; 09-06-2009 at 10:47 PM.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote