Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #46
bjornkeizers
bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Has anyone heard anything regarding the Opus shipping? I'm anxiously waiting to get my hands on one of these puppies. I check half a dozen retailers every day, but availability estimates vary from 'three to 10 days' to 'july'.

Bookeen doesn't even have the freaking' thing listed on the website. So I doubt even 'july' is realistic.

Does anyone have *any info whatsoever* that Bookeen is *close* to shipping?
bjornkeizers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #47
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Does anyone have *any info whatsoever* that Bookeen is *close* to shipping?
When firmware is done Was still a bit buggy when we saw it.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #48
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I hope for the next or the next after week, I really want mine
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i hope it will be soon too, i have a friend who is really interested.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #50
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I just ordered one on the Bookeen website. I was surprised to see it available since I hadn't seen anything on the site that it was ready for sale. Then again I have been on vacation for about a week or so.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #51
bjornkeizers
bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bjornkeizers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
The past week I've been in contact with both PDAshop.nl and totalereaders.com, both in the Netherlands.

PDAshop indicated that they should've recieved stock already, but didn't. They couldn't speculate on when stock would arrive. This was july 22nd.

Yesterday, I contacted Totalereaders. I recieved a prompt reply that: "According to Bookeen, we will recieve the first products this week. I expect the Opus to be available by the end of july."

And now that Bookeen is finally selling it on their website, I think we can safely say: I'll be reading on an Opus shortly

And it's about damn time, since I have 250 euros burning a hole through my bank computer!!
bjornkeizers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:15 AM   #52
Saud
Connoisseur
Saud began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Iphone 3G, Blackberry 9000
ordered it from bookeen as well
cant wait
Saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 AM   #53
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Now this is a fine print on Bookeen's Opus page:

Quote:
Note: Mobipocket support can be available via firmware upgrade. Adobe and Mobipocket DRMs can not be supported at the same time.
Right now I though only the Gen3 would receive two different firmware updates, one for prc, one for epub. As it seems, this is also planned for the Opus as well.

What's bugging me is the word "can". Does that mean "might", "could", "would" or "will"? Also, why not release the firmware alternative for prc right away with the Opus? Sure, Bookeen seems to be understaffed, but there are some basic rules and principles if you want to stay in business.

Bookeen seemingly didn't learn anything from their dealing with the Gen3 update. Don't promise anything if you don't know if or when you can keep it. And if you mention it, at least post a vague date, say "3rd quarter in 2009".

And ... try to meet the deadline or at least keep the customers up to date.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #54
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Bookeen sayed us that the Gen3 upgrade will be the same as the Opus one (ie, you there will be only two upgrade files, one mobi, one epub, for both devices)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #55
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
What's bugging me is the word "can". Does that mean "might", "could", "would" or "will"?
I agree, but it may just be a mistake by a non-native English speaker. What Michael Dahan says in a comment on teleread:
Quote:
Last but not least, if you are a Mobipocket fan you will be able to update your Cybook Opus with a Mobipocket compliant firmware.
and also:
Quote:
Still, I have to admit that Mobipocket legal conditions (which are supposed to avoid coexistence of 2 different eBook DRMs in the same reading device) have been a real hassle for us and have introduced unecessary issues for the final customer.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #56
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I agree, but it may just be a mistake by a non-native English speaker
French says "peut étre", and that translate as "can be".
But double firmware for opus and gen 3 is what's gonna happen. Just a question of when
Like godzil said, both opus and gen 3 are close in term of hardware, so firmware are almost the sames.
Main point being that it's two arm processors.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 07-28-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #57
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
But double firmware for opus and gen 3 is what's gonna happen.
I read the text to say it will not happen. Where do you see that both Mobipocket and Adobe DRM will be supported simultaneously. As designed and supported now, you have both available, but you have to install the firmware update for Adobe which doesn't include Mobi, or you have to install the Mobi firmware which doesn't have Adobe.

What article of FAQ do you find that states both will work on the device at the same time? I think both will work, but its one or the other at any one time.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's what Eowyn means - two separate firmware versions, one supporting ePub, the other Mobipocket.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #59
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's what Eowyn means - two separate firmware versions, one supporting ePub, the other Mobipocket.
Sorry then, I was excited that maybe Bookeen had broken the code, but I just misunderstood Eowyn's post.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #60
EowynCarter
Wizard

Just ordered my opus.
And oh!
Bookeen moved.