Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Podcast of Robert A. Heinlein's All You Zombies

Just in case anyone here is :

1. A Robert A Heinlein fan

and

2. An audio book/podcast fan

Escapepod have a reading of Robert A. Heinlein's 'All You Zombies' as this weeks story. It's here if you want to listen

(Dear mods, if I have broken any rules etc with this post please feel free to rap my knuckles and do what is required with this post)
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
broken link
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
broken link
It worked for me. I'm using FireFox.

Speaking of podcasts. Can anyone recommend a program I can run on my computer that I can use to subscribe to podcasts -- and which will automatically download the MP3 file to my computer? I've tried a couple of programs, but they don't seem to grab the podcast itself; rather they keep a list (probably from the RSS feeds) and I have to go back to my computer to actually get the audio.

What I want to do is to have the MP3 files automatically downloaded to my PC so that I can *quickly* set up a transfer to my MP3 player. If I could script the transfer, that would be even better.

Last edited by Elsi; 07-06-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
It worked for me. I'm using FireFox.

Speaking of podcasts. Can anyone recommend a program I can run on my computer that I can use to subscribe to podcasts -- and which will automatically download the MP3 file to my computer? I've tried a couple of programs, but they don't seem to grab the podcast itself; rather they keep a list (probably from the RSS feeds) and I have to go back to my computer to actually get the audio.

What I want to do is to have the MP3 files automatically downloaded to my PC so that I can *quickly* set up a transfer to my MP3 player. If I could script the transfer, that would be even better.
I've had a good experience with ZiePOD's Free Podcast Receiver, which I was forced to use since the one that came with my MP3 player didn't work on Vista.

Seemed fairly easy to set up and use. I haven't used it for a while (since I got my eBook reader) so I can't remember if it downloads automatically or on command.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I guess I'll chalk it up to Uncle Sam intervention
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert