Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-17-2024, 11:22 AM   #16
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I bought the Special Edition PW last year, I really like it. I even prefer it to the Oasis 3 I had before.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:54 PM   #17
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I just purchased a PW 8gig refurbished and it looks absolutely like a brand new device. I also purchased a Kindle basic refurbished that also looked like an absolute new device. I bypassed the kids edition mostly because I was going to have to get the ads removed anyway and I didn't want the cover that comes with the kids edition and I was going to get the Cobak cover anyway. By the way the back Cobak cover for the PW and the Kindle basic is less than $10 each.
I guess I am just someone that wants my Kindles my way. The reason I got the basic kindle is that it fits nicely in the vasts that I wear most of the time and the PW is just a little to large. I am retired and my wife and I only have one vehicle and I spend a lot of time waiting for my wife at a doctor's appointment or a am at a doctor's appointment and have time to read. And to be honest I don't like reading from my phone as the screen size for the one I have and can afford is too small for reading books, but I do using it if I decide to listen to an audiobook.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2024, 05:44 PM   #18
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I bought the Special Edition PW last year, I really like it. I even prefer it to the Oasis 3 I had before.
Can you share what you like about it compared to the Oasis? Thanks!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 02:37 PM   #19
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Can you share what you like about it compared to the Oasis? Thanks!
It’s hard to explain as I don’t have my Oasis anymore but I like the more regular shape of the PW, I find it’s easier to hold than the square Oasis. I don’t miss the buttons at all and the 6.8” size is a really nice size to read on.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 05:48 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It’s hard to explain as I don’t have my Oasis anymore but I like the more regular shape of the PW, I find it’s easier to hold than the square Oasis. I don’t miss the buttons at all and the 6.8” size is a really nice size to read on.
It's basically the same shape and screen size as the Kobo Aura H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2024, 05:58 PM   #21
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Thanks!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote