Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2023, 09:17 AM   #46
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hope we never ever get "Your Books". There's no way to download via the web browser.
Why do you hope that you never get it? It's not replacing Content and Devices, it's just a different way to view and group the books that you've bought on Amazon, in all formats including paper.

It's not something that I'll use, but I can see it being useful for some people.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 10:05 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Why do you hope that you never get it? It's not replacing Content and Devices, it's just a different way to view and group the books that you've bought on Amazon, in all formats including paper.

It's not something that I'll use, but I can see it being useful for some people.

Shari
How do you know it's not replacing the eBooks section in Content and Devices?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2023, 11:27 AM   #48
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
"Content and Devices" menu item gone here. But same stuff under "Content Library" and the page title is "Manage Your Content and Devices", section: Content and "Books" is one of four icons.
All sections/tabs:
"Content" "Devices" "Preferences" "Privacy Settings"

No "Your Books". Amazon UK Marketplace.

I suspect more than one team, none really know what they are doing, and they aren't communicating?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 03:08 PM   #49
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How do you know it's not replacing the eBooks section in Content and Devices?
Because I can see both?

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 15-09-24 https __www.amazon.com.png
Views:	47
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	204906   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-11-25.png
Views:	53
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	204907  

Last edited by shalym; 11-25-2023 at 03:14 PM.
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 04:43 PM   #50
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Because I can see both?
That would be the expected thing during a rollout of a replacement feature.

But I hope "replacement" is not the case. I am familiar with the existing Content and Devices, and see no reason to change and force customers to learn something new. Unless the new actually provides something ... new. Either feature-wise or improved-functionality-wise. A rearrangement of the same old stuff for the sake of rearrangement - a "fresh" look that doesn't actually improve anything, just makes it look different - doesn't really qualify IMHO.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2023, 12:49 AM   #51
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
When I first saw the new "Your Books" feature my first thought was that it was eventually going to replace "Content and Devices" (or at least Content), and I am not convinced that that is not the long-term plan. I can see Amazon deciding the phase out "Content and Devices" (or at least "Content") in the future once "Your Books" is widespread and established.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 09:39 AM   #52
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
That would be the expected thing during a rollout of a replacement feature.

But I hope "replacement" is not the case. I am familiar with the existing Content and Devices, and see no reason to change and force customers to learn something new. Unless the new actually provides something ... new. Either feature-wise or improved-functionality-wise. A rearrangement of the same old stuff for the sake of rearrangement - a "fresh" look that doesn't actually improve anything, just makes it look different - doesn't really qualify IMHO.
It only lets you look at ten books a page now! That's an "improvement"! (There is still no efficient way to find out all the books that have pending updates, let alone ask for more than one at once.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 01:52 AM   #53
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Today when I went to go to "Content & Devices" I found it has been split into two separate listings: "Content Library" and "Devices". I can still Download for Transfer with USB from "Content Library", but I'm wondering if this is the first step where "Content Library" is going to be replaced by the "Your Books" page with no option to Download for Transfer with USB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon.png
Views:	38
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	206413
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:36 AM   #54
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Today when I went to go to "Content & Devices" I found it has been split into two separate listings: "Content Library" and "Devices".
Both of those link to the same "My Content and Devices" page (https://www.amazon.com/hz/mycd/digital-console/), but select a different tab on the page based on the rest of the URL.

I think it's more of adding a shortcut to the menu so you can get to what you want without another click (Content or Devices) than removing the existing features.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 12:58 PM   #55
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
And yet when I buy a book that I want to D&T over USB I have to do a lot more mousing around and clicking than I used to a few years ago.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 01:14 PM   #56
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
And yet when I buy a book that I want to D&T over USB I have to do a lot more mousing around and clicking than I used to a few years ago.
It used to be possible to select download at purchase.
Also the so-called "one-click" adds clicks if you are buying a number of books because there is no basket/trolly. I don't like it. You can't turn it off for ebooks.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:16 AM   #57
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Also the so-called "one-click" adds clicks if you are buying a number of books because there is no basket/trolly.
And, stupidly enough, it sometimes combines two "one click" purchases into a single invoice, if you buy them without too much time passing. Since I track the final cost out of pocket of each book, this combination can lead confusion when the first book had credits from Amazon applied. When I get the final invoice, I now see the credit applied to the total of both books, and have to do math to see what the out of pocket was for each book.

This gives me the worst of all worlds: more clicks, but a less useful report later.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 02:42 PM   #58
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
And, stupidly enough, it sometimes combines two "one click" purchases into a single invoice, if you buy them without too much time passing.
I've not seen that, but occasionally they offer all the books in a series (separate ebooks, not omnibus) at same total price but one click, one order, one invoice.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:50 AM   #59
Kindleing
Groupie
Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Kobos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I've not seen that, but occasionally they offer all the books in a series (separate ebooks, not omnibus) at same total price but one click, one order, one invoice.
What has happened to me is buy a book and then come back an hour or two later and buy another (unrelated) book and the two sometimes get combined into a single invoice and charge. Or sometimes not - sometimes they are processed as two separate orders. The logic seems to be one of Amazon's Mysteries of Life.
Kindleing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 03:48 PM   #60
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
So, hm, if you're part of an Amazon Household that shares the library, Your Books are indistinguishable from Your Other Family Members' Books here. No way to filter 'em out. Luckily the Kindle interface allows you to do that. We have a situation where people have radically different reading tastes, for the most part.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote