Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2023, 10:54 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Amazon "Your Books"

New site feature that is pretty fun to go through; "Your Books"
Go To upper left side banner "ALL" > Kindle E Readers & Books > Kindle Books > Look under "Your Cart" (not actully clicking on "Your Cart", but the location of it on the screen is a good landmark to go to to see the new "Your Books" option). It's on the white menu below.

Every book you purchased and borrowed (Kindle Unlimited, Library, etc.) is shown. You can filter them by series, first in series, author, genres. You can click on each book and get a list of the genres and tags it falls under and click on said genres and tags for "more like this" each book has recommendations "more like this".

ALSO, your audio books are shown, AND all books on your lists. Those are shown under "Saved Books". Then there are little bookmark icons you can click on to remove them from your lists. Books might show up that have been removed from the lists if you borrowed or purchased them them between putting them on the list and taking them off.

It's a new beta feature.

Amazon has been fixing all the shit about it's site that I hated. So, this is a fun thing to check out to see what you have read/borrowed in the past as well as get newer recommendations.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 11:39 PM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Interesting.

I do like it for browsing, especially Genre and Authors tab, and do like the filters with Audio. It's definitely much quicker to look at audiobooks this way than the Library feature on Audible.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2023, 11:58 PM   #3
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
This is pretty cool! Thank you!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 12:38 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Yes, a few weeks ago someone reported seeing this, but nobody else could.

It is really nice. I hope this presages appearance of genre and author grouping on Kindle platform as well.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 12:51 AM   #5
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Yes, a few weeks ago someone reported seeing this, but nobody else could.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=354988
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 07:43 AM   #6
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
I still see 'Manage content and devices.'

I guess it still hasn't rolled out in my region, or account.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:46 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
I still see 'Manage content and devices.'

I guess it still hasn't rolled out in my region, or account.
Me too, though My Books in Content & Devices has more sort options.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:03 AM   #8
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
I found it by just typing "Your Books" into the Amazon search bar!
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 11:07 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Doesn't work on Amazon UK:

1-16 of over 100,000 results for "your books"
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 01:02 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For me, it shows on my amazon.com account and even lists the ebooks I purchased before Amazon forced me to amazon.ca for ebooks. Amazon.ca does not yet have the option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	your_books.png
Views:	86
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	204460  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:44 PM   #11
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Seems to list things in multiple genres as my total of murder/mystery books plus scifi is way over the total of ebooks I have on Amazon.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:23 PM   #12
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Seems to list things in multiple genres as my total of murder/mystery books plus scifi is way over the total of ebooks I have on Amazon.
Of course, genres are not mutually exclusive. I think publisher can include at least 3 for a given book.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 12:19 AM   #13
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
That is a very useful and long overdue feature.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 09:17 PM   #14
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Thanks. It wasn't showing up for me, but this worked!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:56 PM   #15
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Well, Amazon has given away their little secret. I have always gone to "Manage My Content" after returning a Kindle Unlimited book and told it to delete the book. Same for library books FWIW. I leave only the books that I have actually purchased. This is a minor privacy thing to me. Not a huge deal, but something I have always done.

But Amazon didn't really delete these books from my history at all. They stopped showing them in "Manage My Content", making it appear that they had deleted them as instructed - but now they are BACK in this new "Your Books" feature. We are talking about books over a large span of years. I found some from 2017 by just doing random checks. I haven't looked to see if library books have reappeared. But KU books certainly have.

So if you used to believe that Amazon would delete books your told them to, and they confirmed that they did - stop believing that now. Because they DIDN'T delete them. They lied about that. Not that this is a big deal to me. It's not like I was borrowing books on bomb making from Kindle Unlimited that I need to hide. However, it does look bad for Amazon to have shown themselves to be liars. What ELSE can we not trust them about? Amazon: You are just not a trustworthy company. Period. I'm now wondering if their claims of "Don't worry, Alexa devices don't listen all the time" are even remotely true. Doubtful at this point.

I admit, this new feature has potential. Not a bad idea at all. But shame on Amazon for saying they deleted what you asked, and then we see it popping up here again, years later. I'm sure the Amazon-defenders here will say this is not a big deal. That it's OK for Amazon to lie to customers like this. But no, it's not OK for them to lie to their customers.

[edit]
Yep, books borrowed from the library that were "deleted" are back too!
[/edit]

Last edited by haertig; 11-02-2023 at 11:10 PM.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote