Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
FREE Software to Help You with Images in Your Ebooks.

I know that it is a stretch to make this post here, but there's nowhere else that I could find to put it, and I definitely feel that it could be of help to self-publishers and maybe writers publishing in some other way.

Giveaway of the Day is offering today only (but their day ends at 3 a.m. Eastern Time) PhotoScissors 3.0. It's for Windows OS's. What PhotoScissors is
is an easy background removal tool with minimum efforts! . . . . PhotoScissors saves the day when you quickly need to cut out a person or an object to paste it to another picture, or to remove background from a photo. You don't need any specific skills or professional software for a perfect image clip: few mouse strokes produce an accurate clipping path that can be further enhanced with fine brushes.

At the present moment, out of 151 ratings there, 93% are positive and only 7% negative. I check Giveaway of the Day every day and I can't recall any free software offering there ever receiving such high ratings, by a long shot.

Yes, I know. It's a "one-trick pony." You have background removal in Photoshop (probably even Elements), blah, blah, blah. But, it seems to me that this tool may be far superior to what you may be able to get bundled in with photo software, and might be worth the little trouble to use instead of the feature in those apps.

I see no major restrictions. Some giveaways provide only 1-year (I think that I've even seen a 6-month) licenses. This one apparently doesn't limit the license length. The webpage does state that there is no support or updates, but that is almost universally true. And, I think that sometimes the software companies will provide those despite what the Giveaway of the Day site says.

Hope at least one writer finds this helpful.

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/photoscissors-3-0/

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-02-2016 at 04:57 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote