Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #16
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Thank you for all of your replies.

I have a sensitivity to low-frequency flashing lights. My sensitivity makes it dangerous to cross the street or wait at busy intersections, and difficult to do many other things. My interest in Scrivener was that it would allow me to avoid flashing cursors because it uses NSText, and it would allow me to sort tables.

MacOS allows users to disable flashing cursors in NSText, which Scrivener and Textedit use, but not in Webkit, which LibreOffice, Pages, Safari, Mail, etc. use. App-specific options allow users to disable flashing cursors in Firefox and Thunderbird. Wine and Wineskin are supposed to allow users to disable flashing cursors everywhere.

I think I'll return to LibreOffice, but in Wine or Wineskin. LibreOffice has a reload option, so if I screw up, I can get back to the last saved version. LibreOffice also has drawing and spreadsheet software. Unfortunately, I'd have to repair a lot of my LibreOffice files due to default formatting.

I tried Scrivener. Scrivener doesn't have a reload option. Scrivener doesn't have drawing or spreadsheet software either, so for me it would only be a partial solution.

I currently use Blik to organize my projects and some of my sources, and am gradually using Calibre to organize more of my sources.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:21 PM   #17
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I couldn't get LibreOffice to run in Wineskin. I ended up going with NeoOffice Classic; the older NSTextInsertionPointBlinkPeriod hack works in it.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, research tools, scrivener, word processors