Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Title do you like best?
"Dangerous Weiners" 10 45.45%
"Confessions of a Toothpick Employee" 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #46
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
When I saw Dangerous Wieners, I thought you had decided to try your hand at erotica. You don't even want to know what images that title brought to the back of my head.
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:24 AM   #47
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Bean View Post
When I saw Dangerous Wieners, I thought you had decided to try your hand at erotica. You don't even want to know what images that title brought to the back of my head.
I think we share those same images!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2016, 12:04 PM   #48
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Brain bleach please.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #49
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Brain bleach please.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:42 AM   #50
mackles
mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I prefer the second one
mackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2016, 07:16 AM   #51
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Well, I'm vacillating back and forth, and now forward - if that's possible.

I'm now toying with "House of Sleeping Prophets and Other Strange Tales."

The problem is that there are 4 stories [tales/short-shorts] that don't fit into the category of 'strange.' Now, one may ask: Why not just delete those 4 tales? I think, at this point, they add verisimilitude to the rest of the book. Perhaps that's NOT a good enough reason, though.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:53 AM   #52
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like that title.
Note your idea of strange and my idea of strange might be two different things.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #53
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I like that title.
Note your idea of strange and my idea of strange might be two different things.

Thank you - on liking the title.

You're right about 'strange'.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:04 AM   #54
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I like the title too. ... And one could argue that the four tales that are not "strange" might be considered strange for having been included in the collection.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #55
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I like the title too. ... And one could argue that the four tales that are not "strange" might be considered strange for having been included in the collection.
Now, that's a strange comment - and I like your thinking!
Old 07-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #56
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I chose the first one because I think more people would be curious about that title, but I don't really like either of them. As it's flash fiction, what about "Flash in the Pan"?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:54 PM   #57
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I chose the first one because I think more people would be curious about that title, but I don't really like either of them. As it's flash fiction, what about "Flash in the Pan"?
Thank you for your thoughts on this - which I DO value!

Only a few pieces are technically flash fiction, as defined by me as pieces less than 500 words in length. (There is no set rule on this, I must point out, and opinions on length differ.)

Most seem to fall in the 800-1300 word range, but now - with 54 pieces in the book - the whole 'length thing' is getting a bit blurred.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #58
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

As to "Flash in the pan",
10 books mostly shorts have that exact title.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #59
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Ahhh, but you've given me an idea for the title of a new short-short: "Flesh Pan," or "Flesh in the Pan."

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2016, 02:24 AM   #60
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Well, if you're writing erotic shorts (are there erotic longs?, she wondered?), howza 'bout "Flash in the Panties?"

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote