Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Title do you like best?
"Dangerous Weiners" 10 45.45%
"Confessions of a Toothpick Employee" 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I love that one.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:38 PM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I love that one.
I'm not eloping with it yet, but, YES, I like it a LOT more than the other two.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #18
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'm not eloping with it yet, but, YES, I like it a LOT more than the other two.

Hitch
I said I loved it, didn't say I wanted to marry it.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:34 PM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I said I loved it, didn't say I wanted to marry it.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:35 PM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That tentative title (Tales From the Back of my Head) seems to have hit a positive note.
Advert
Old 06-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #21
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
On the basis that you can't have too much of a good thing , how about:

Toothpicks & Weiners: Tales from the Back of my Head

I like collections to be obviously collections, hence the subtitle. The combination of "Toothpicks & Weiners" I like because, while they do sort of go together, they are unexpected in a book title and so (hopefully) attention getting. I also like that the sort of double meaning: small-things = short-stories, as well as being references to two of the stories.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post

I like collections to be obviously collections, hence the subtitle. The combination of "Toothpicks & Weiners" I like because, while they do sort of go together, they are unexpected in a book title and so (hopefully) attention getting. I also like that the sort of double meaning: small-things = short-stories, as well as being references to two of the stories.

Let me play with that idea. There's something about it that's teasing my nose hairs. (That's a good thing!)

Thank you for the idea!
Old 06-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Check out this title of short, pithy pieces. (Most of mine are much longer):

https://www.amazon.com/Sawn-Off-Tale...Gaffney+kindle

It has an interesting title, suggesting shorter works. I find it to be a unique title, one that is very playful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51Hdzwq6dxL.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	149341  
Old 06-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #24
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Just a minor nitpick: weiner should probably read wiener if it refers to a wienerwurst.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Just a minor nitpick: weiner should probably read wiener if it refers to a wienerwurst.

The research was very confusing on this, but a hot dog is the subject of one piece of Flash Fiction.

I bow to your expertise!

Wiener it is! Wiener it shall be! And wiener it always will be!

Seriously: I'm changing the spelling to the one you list.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #26
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I'm picturing a 60's-era cocktail party, complete with updo's, full skirts on the dresses, hosiery and heels, men in suits with the wee decorative pocket hankies, and trays of dreadful hors d'oeuvres being handed around...wee pigs in blankets, grease soaking into the Pillsbury Doughboy's contribution to the fine dish, skewered by the omnipresent toothpick with cello on the end. Your man in Havana, hammered, falls over backward, and plants his head in the middle of aforementioned tray.

Yup, that's what I am getting.

Hitch
Old 06-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #27
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
I'm picturing a 60's-era cocktail party, complete with updo's, full skirts on the dresses, hosiery and heels, men in suits with the wee decorative pocket hankies, and trays of dreadful hors d'oeuvres being handed around...wee pigs in blankets, grease soaking into the Pillsbury Doughboy's contribution to the fine dish, skewered by the omnipresent toothpick with cello on the end. Your man in Havana, hammered, falls over backward, and plants his head in the middle of aforementioned tray.

Hitch
I love the way you think.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:25 PM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Hitch

This sounds like a flash fiction piece!

I love it!

Old 06-11-2016, 11:26 PM   #29
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:

Hitch
I am pleased it wasn't just me. I almost posted a follow up suggestion of "Cocktail Party: Toothpicks from the Back of my Head" from a very similar line of thought.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #30
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This sounds like a flash fiction piece!

I love it!

I'm glad, because I'm not the only one! :-)

Quote:
I love the way you think.
Thank you, thank you. We aim to be slightly deranged.

Quote:
I am pleased it wasn't just me. I almost posted a follow up suggestion of "Cocktail Party: Toothpicks from the Back of my Head" from a very similar line of thought.
See? Proof positive, I'm sane. (Well, okay, THAT's a stretch. Sane on this topic, anyway.)

Hitch