Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Title do you like best?
"Dangerous Weiners" 10 45.45%
"Confessions of a Toothpick Employee" 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Which Title do you like best?

I don't usually have any difficulty with titles, but this one leaves me flummoxed. Which one of the two in the poll do you like best?

This will be a collection of 50 Flash Fiction pieces, with 12 yet to be written. Those two titles reflect the names of two of the 50 pieces already written.

Thank you.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-09-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
What is the genre?
3 things came to mind with the first one.
Dogs, food and never mind.
Though I pick the first one.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2016, 11:19 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
What is the genre?
3 things came to mind with the first one.
Dogs, food and never mind.
Though I pick the first one.

It's an eclectic mix: Fiction [General]; weird; humorous; and etc.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm sorry, Doc, but...I don't really love either.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

Hitch
That's OK: I admire your honesty.
Advert
Old 06-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Should have known that. I have read one of your short stories.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #7
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
For me, both titles sound like they could be themes for a collection more than titles of individual stories in the collection which could create some confusion in the reader's mind about what to expect (unless one of them could be a theme).
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
For me, both titles sound like they could be themes for a collection more than titles of individual stories in the collection which could create some confusion in the reader's mind about what to expect (unless one of them could be a theme).
Yes, that's a problem which has been troubling me.

After consideration (and so MUCH consideration over this issue), I've been wracking my brain for something that would carry through on that idea that you mention.

So far, I have this (but it may be too cliched):

"Tales That Wag The Leg"

--- Thank you for your thoughts on this.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
That's OK: I admire your honesty.
If there was anything at all...a hint of the story, anything...I'm sure we'd all be happy to pitch in with our (speaking entirely for myself, of course) utterly worthless suggestions.

Dangerous Dogs?
Devil Dogs Gone Wild?
Doggy Devils Gone Wild (depending on what type of "weiner" this is...)
Hot Dog Hijinks?
Wag Me Not?

I don't know. The toothpick thing really left me flat, because I had trouble trying to parse it. Employee of a toothpick? In a toothpick factory? I couldn't get a feel from it.

Anyway...happy to play if you'll just point us a WEEE bit further in the right direction--or wrong direction, or what-have-you.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:41 PM   #10
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I picked Dangerous Weiners, although I may have been influenced by all the politicians in the news this year. Even if you decide on another title for this collection, keep it in reserve.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:06 AM   #11
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

Hitch
This. (Plus, both titles imply it's an "adult" book.)
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I picked Dangerous Weiners, although I may have been influenced by all the politicians in the news this year. Even if you decide on another title for this collection, keep it in reserve.

Hahahaha.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
This. (Plus, both titles imply it's an "adult" book.)

It's not adult at all. However, it is mostly General Fiction (with some fantasy thrown in).
Old 06-10-2016, 12:13 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I just came up with one that I really like:

"Tales From the Back of my Head"
Old 06-10-2016, 02:47 PM   #15
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I like that one a lot better than the other two.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote