Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2016, 02:13 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Speech to text is probably responsible for the homophone issue I am finding frequently in many self pub books. (The correct word was used in some places, so the Author is assumed to know )

Auto-Incorrect was a show feature by Molly Wood at CNETTV years ago.
Today I found: Pasta vs past a (Note the word Case)

It still applies (and is rampant throughout the media)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just tap the microphone button at the bottom of the on-screen keyboard.
Thanks, Harry.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2016, 10:21 PM   #18
Joseph J Bailey
Connoisseur
Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone & iPad
I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the iPhone speech-to-text works.

In fact, I have stopped using my Dragon software in preference of the portability and flexibility of the phone. It just feels more natural to me.

I actually find dictating into an email message and then polishing the text later is far easier than using the full dictation software on the computer.

I understand Nuance may be behind the conversion engine on the phone, so I haven't strayed too far...
Joseph J Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #19
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
For those with Android devices, I've had success using Google's voice recognition and Google Docs. The nice thing is that it syncs to the rest of your devices, so it's easy to work into your existing manuscript.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote